White Sox among 'most agressive' teams in pitching market

southsider2k5

Just now, fathom said:

Supposedly Yankees are asking for more than you would think. Everyone seems to think he ends up with Padres or Rangers.

I’m sure they’re asking, but no one is going to pay much for him.  I’ve seen the Rangers speculation but don’t really get why they’d trade for Gallo.  Padres make a bit more sense given the Preller connection.

25 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Bard just signed an extension…fwiw.

Rockies seemingly the most easily appeased fans in baseball.  Consistently top 7-10 in attendance every year without playoff expectations.

The Rick Hahn Era 2013-2022

Colorado Rockies (NL West) 678-781 .465 (Playoff Appearances 2, Series Record 0-2)

Chicago White Sox (AL Central) 670-786 .460 (Playoff Appearances 2; Series Record 0-2)

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

The Rick Hahn Era 2013-2022

Colorado Rockies (NL West) 678-781 .465 (Playoff Appearances 2, Series Record 0-2)

Chicago White Sox (AL Central) 670-786 .460 (Playoff Appearances 2; Series Record 0-2)

Well, they did throw a big deal at Bryant after casting Arenado aside…that pretty much made no sense.

Normally when a team does nothing at the deadline, there’s also a message sent: “You’re fine. We don’t have anyone of trade worth we want to part with and we’re not close to enough to really add players to fill our holes. So, just keep existing.”

3 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Well, they did throw a big deal at Bryant after casting Arenado aside…that pretty much made no sense.

Hard to argue the Sox are any more effective managing player acquisitions or team payroll (not saying that you are).

Both teams have identical records and spending levels over the past decade (Source Cots Contracts - OD Payrolls).

Colorado Rockies 678-781 .465 Payroll $107.8M Average Per Season

Chicago White Sox 670-786 .460 Payroll $107.2M Average Per Season

Your initial point about appeased fanbase is supported by the fact Colorado completely dominates the White Sox in terms of attendance, including leading the Sox by 1/3 this season (1.85M vs. 1.26M), despite the goosed Sox 2022 Season Ticket sales prompted by 2021 playoff ticket rights.

That said, it's hard to estimate how many fans like me simply refuse to spend a penny on an owner who brought in Tony La Russa. I attended 15-20 games in 2019, attended 2020 Spring Training, and at least through October 28, 2020, had intentions to go to attend 30-45 games, and likely several road games in 2021. These plans changed on October 29, 2020, a date which will live in infamy. 

32 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

Sox are always vying for participation  trophies. 

"I’m wearing my shades so that you guys don’t see the shock in my eyes," Williams said. "It is disappointing. I’d be lying to you if I said anything other than that."

Just a hilarious quote from Kenny when Machado signed in San Diego. 

• Haha 3