What's Your Home Run Call?

BRDSR

The Benetti thread got me thinking about my home run call...you know, if I was a baseball announcer.  Around age 15 it became clear that announcing baseball was the closest I could ever hope to get to professional baseball.  That hasn't panned out yet, but hey, you never know.

Anyway, I've known for about two decades what my home run call would be if I could ever get into the booth.  Simple, straightforward, tasteful, and easily repeatable:

"Ladies and gentlemen, that ball is deep. and. GONE!"

If you ever hear it, I've either made it or somebody's ripped me off.  What's your home run call?

On 7/29/2022 at 6:17 AM, TheFutureIsNear said:

A thread for hypothetical home run calls in text form…incase you didn’t know the season is going poorly 

Post of the week.

Most of our homerun calls are usually Oh (insert your choice of profane words) because the other team is doing it.

On 7/29/2022 at 8:56 AM, South Side Hit Men said:

Hard to top Harry Caray & Jimmy Piersall at the 1:17 mark.

Harry Caray : "It might be...it could be...it is! A home run! Holy cow!" . Yea, I still do that every time . I could never get it our of my head all of these years.

• Fire 1

“Swing and a drive deep left center field and it’s a goner! Ordonez has teed off!”

”Thomas unloads on one, deep right field, back goes Dye and it’s a goner!!”

“Swing and a long one to left! It’s gonna go! It’s a slam! Sox lead 6-4! Light it up!”

- Ed Farmer on the Konerko grand slam

”A swing and a high fly ball, deep left center field, this is way back in the gap, and it’s a goner!! And the White Sox win on a Podsednik home run!”

- John Rooney on the Pods walk off.

”White Soxxxx winnnn!”

- Intro to the ESPN broadcast by Len Kasper

“Swing and an actual line drive instead of a pop up! I’m glad one of these bums still can hit! That ball is gone! Finally!”

- Inning where they tie it on a Harrison bomb

”Oh no! They blew it again! Why can’t we throw a pitch somewhere that makes a better work than serving one up on a silver platter!?!? Sox are down again and it’s looking ugly folks.

- Where a team makes a home run look like it hit effortlessly while the Sox struggle to hit anything that isn’t a pop up or routine grounder.