White Sox Sell Thread

South Side Hit Men

12 minutes ago, Tnetennba said:

giphy.gif?cid=5e214886h04pqgayi3f8xr55se

If they lose the next two, there is a good chance they are selling at least around the edges.

Not looking for a huge tear down, more like a tree trimming. Tim Anderson would be the primary big ticket piece you can get a massive score for. There are no contenders he makes sense for this week (in terms of getting an overpay), but the Dodgers could be an great landing spot if they do not resign Trea Turner. Problem is, would like to have someone other than Rick Hahn to pull the trigger with your one huge trade chip, especially with a Top 3 FO like the Dodgers who fleeced Hahn in the Kimbrel Pollock debacle.

3 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Pollock has to go at a minimum.

Wouldn’t be upset to sell relatively high on Graveman.

Abreu if he wants out of the lunatic asylum.

Wouldn't trade Abreu unless he wanted out. He could want one legitimate chance in his life for a WS, but he has too much pride and would not abandon his teammates in this manner. His character will not permit it.

I think you can link a bad contract like Pollock or Grandal with Graveman on a team looking for a backup OF/C. Thinking the Yankees (Grandal / Graveman) would be the team most interested. May also take a chance on Lynn or be willing to eat Kelly's deal, which works for me.

6 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

If they lose the next two, there is a good chance they are selling at least around the edges.

Not looking for a huge tear down, more like a tree trimming. Tim Anderson would be the primary big ticket piece you can get a massive score for. There are no contenders he makes sense for this week (in terms of getting an overpay), but the Dodgers could be an great landing spot if they do not resign Trea Turner. Problem is, would like to have someone other than Rick Hahn to pull the trigger with your one huge trade chip, especially with a Top 3 FO like the Dodgers who fleeced Hahn in the Kimbrel Pollock debacle.

Wouldn't trade Abreu unless he wanted out. He could want one legitimate chance in his life for a WS, but he has too much pride and would not abandon his teammates in this manner. His character will not permit it.

I think you can link a bad contract like Pollock or Grandal with Graveman on a team looking for a backup OF/C. Thinking the Yankees (Grandal / Graveman) would be the team most interested. May also take a chance on Lynn or be willing to eat Kelly's deal, which works for me.

The Yankees have enough offense now they can prioritize defense at catcher with Higashioka and Jose Trevino.

Plus they’ll need that Grandal money for Turner, Correa, Judge or Soto.

They have lost two key RH pen members in the last month or so.  They would have definite interest in Graveman.

11 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

The Yankees have enough offense now they can prioritize defense at catcher with Higashioka and Jose Trevino.

Plus they’ll need that Grandal money for Turner, Correa, Judge or Soto.

They have lost two key RH pen members in the last month or so.  They would have definite interest in Graveman.

It's only $24M total over two years. This wouldn't interfere with a long term $30M + AAV contract. Including Grandal would be the price for Graveman. Not looking for Yankee prospects in return, just salary dump which theoretically if Hahn is gone could be used productively.

Would also take a Graveman & Joe Kelly deal for a bag of balls, and an Arby's coupon book to get Jerry on board.

46 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

It's only $24M total over two years. This wouldn't interfere with a long term $30M + AAV contract. Including Grandal would be the price for Graveman. Not looking for Yankee prospects in return, just salary dump which theoretically if Hahn is gone could be used productively.

Would also take a Graveman & Joe Kelly deal for a bag of balls, and an Arby's coupon book to get Jerry on board.

We’ve got the meats…err, Ving Rhames would argue relievers.

If the division were better, they would sell. The team is “mired in mediocrity.” 83-79 in their last 162.  No reason to expect any kind of winning streak, but 2 good weeks could give them the division.  They certainly are no fun to watch at home.

16 minutes ago, bmags said:

Rick Hahn doesn’t deserve to be able to sell

11 minutes ago, Bob Sacamano said:

Sadly doesn’t deserve to be able to buy either. Sigh.

It always humors me when this is suggested. They can launch Hahn. That would be fine. Then what though? Jeremy Haber as GM with Ken Williams’ tentacles remaining everywhere? 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Y2Jimmy0 said:

It always humors me when this is suggested. They can launch Hahn. That would be fine. Then what though? Jeremy Haber as GM with Ken Williams’ tentacles remaining everywhere? 

Yeah idk. Unfortunately there is nothing that will be done until Jerry dies or sells team.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Y2Jimmy0 said:

I think when people say this they are suggesting we clean house with a new head of baseball operations.  I can promise you that no one wants Jeremy Haber to be our new GM.

• Like 1

I’m selling Pollock, Kelly, and maybe Graveman for cents on the dollar just to move on from those contracts.  If anyone wants Leury too, he’s yours.  They won’t sell off major prices as they should, but at least trim some of the financial mistakes from the margins. 

1 hour ago, Y2Jimmy0 said:

Within 2 years of the cheap talent arriving in the league, which Sox fans had to wait through 3 years of heavy losing for, Hahn has a team with a bottom barrel farm, exhausted budget, and .500 results.

That is exactly what he did put together in 2015-16 after pulling back and re setting.

He had been in this position for a decade yet has not build a premiere player development or scouting engine. The training staff, for years among the top in baseball, has regressed to the worst under his watch. His free agency record is appalling.

All his fault. Perhaps actual accountability being exercised would make everyone focus more on performing their jobs instead of perfecting pushing off responsibility in everyone else. That’s the only thing Hahn is good at.

• Like 6
  • Fire 1
  • Hawk 1

1 hour ago, Chicago White Sox said:

I think when people say this they are suggesting we clean house with a new head of baseball operations.  I can promise you that no one wants Jeremy Haber to be our new GM.

26 minutes ago, bmags said:

Within 2 years of the cheap talent arriving in the league, which Sox fans had to wait through 3 years of heavy losing for, Hahn has a team with a bottom barrel farm, exhausted budget, and .500 results.

That is exactly what he did put together in 2015-16 after pulling back and re setting.

He had been in this position for a decade yet has not build a premiere player development or scouting engine. The training staff, for years among the top in baseball, has regressed to the worst under his watch. His free agency record is appalling.

All his fault. Perhaps actual accountability being exercised would make everyone focus more on performing their jobs instead of perfecting pushing off responsibility in everyone else. That’s the only thing Hahn is good at.

You guys are really suggesting a complete house cleaning. I’m on board. I’d hire the Guardians people. It’s just not happening though and is a huge waste of our time. Jerry Reinsdorf has no interest in hiring a new front office. 

• Like 2

Just now, Y2Jimmy0 said:

You guys are really suggesting a complete house cleaning. I’m on board. I’d hire the Guardians people. It’s just not happening though and is a huge waste of our time. Jerry Reinsdorf has no interest in hiring a new front office. 

There is no productive use of time for this team.