Rays Acquire David Peralta

DirtySox

12 minutes ago, MeanJoeCrede said:

Anybody else find it hilarious that the two most mentioned possible buy low options available to help the Sox lefty outfield deficiency are two of the first 5 players off the board at the deadline?

Peralta, Naquin, Benintendi all mentioned quite often. I know I brought up Peralta because I always talk about the Lefty or SH OF that the D'backs have. I didn't want Peralta though. Stritly LF type and typical Sox pickup . Like a lefty version Pollock only hitting more HRs.

As a matter of fact I didnt much care for Naquin or Benintendi either.

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside

4 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Peralta, Naquin, Benintendi all mentioned quite often. I know I brought up Peralta because I always talk about the Lefty or SH OF that the D'backs have. I didn't want Peralta though. Stritly LF type and typical Sox pickup . Like a lefty version Pollock only hitting more HRs.

As a matter of fact I didnt much care for Naquin or Benintendi either.

Given the choice, i think just about everyone would prefer Soto.

Given the history of the team we are fans of, i think just about everyone thought we would settle for someone like the 3 players who have already gone elsewhere.

Now that i think about it, just about everyone should have realized even any of those 3 players were too much to hope for.

Hahn's head must be exploding.  He can't even get a deal for marginal rentals.  However, this is really bad news for us.  He is incapable of judging talent and a) his desire to be relevant and b) TLR pushing for bullpen help, will cause him to GROSSLY over pay for marginal RP's so he can say he did something at the deadline. The little talent in our minor league system is highly at risk with this guy in charge. 

Just now, MeanJoeCrede said:

Given the choice, i think just about everyone would prefer Soto.

Given the history of the team we are fans of, i think just about everyone thought we would settle for someone like the 3 players who have already gone elsewhere.

Now that i think about it, just about everyone should have realized even any of those 3 players were too much to hope for.

I think people fail to realize how bad the farm system is viewed by other teams (outside of a few guys).  The Sox 10th or so prospect wouldn’t be in most teams top 30.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, fathom said:

I think people fail to realize how bad the farm system is viewed by other teams (outside of a few guys).  The Sox 10th or so prospect wouldn’t be in most teams top 30.

This.

We are an absolute shit show organization right now :(.

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, fathom said:

That's why our Top 4 farm teams are a collective 50 games under .500, give or take.

• TLR 1

51 minutes ago, fathom said:

I love you fathom, but this is a massive exaggeration.  Sean Burke, Christian Mena, Jarred Kelley, Matthew Thompson, & Jonathan Cannon are all right around the 10 to 15 range IMO and would be top 30 prospects in most if not all systems.

• Like 2

Just now, Chicago White Sox said:

I love you fathom, but this is a massive exaggeration.  Sean Burke, Christian Mena, Jarred Kelley, Matthew Thompson, & Jonathan Cannon are all right around the 10 to 15 range IMO and would be top 30 prospects in most if not all systems.

It's not literally 10th, I had that same thought, but I think his general point is correct. Once you get into the early teens I think the talent in the Sox system falls off a cliff.

2 minutes ago, maxjusttyped said:

It's not literally 10th, I had that same thought, but I think his general point is correct. Once you get into the early teens I think the talent in the Sox system falls off a cliff.

Oh I 100% agree the main point holds true, but I’d argue the fall-off is more in the late teens.  The reality is the very top of our system is weaker than most and our depth is even worse.  And that kills our ability to make trades.  I’m just disputing that it’s as bleak as fathom was painting it, but no doubt it’s a bottom five system.

37 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Oh I 100% agree the main point holds true, but I’d argue the fall-off is more in the late teens.  The reality is the very top of our system is weaker than most and our depth is even worse.  And that kills our ability to make trades.  I’m just disputing that it’s as bleak as fathom was painting it, but no doubt it’s a bottom five system.

If this team was doing its job at the big league level, it would absolutely make sense to cash in some of those chips to put them over the top regardless of how weak the rest of the system is around it.