Tim Anderson Suspended Three Games - Has Appealed

South Side Hit Men

The whole thing was it was a ball, but almost borderline,  and TA isn't exactly  known for his keen eye re. the strikezone.strike zone. To get yourself in a position to clearly hit the u.pire with your helmet is stupid and selfish. And why nobody came out to get in between is beyond me.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Buehrle>Wood said:

Is there a more overpunished player in baseball than TA? No.

Overpunished? Come on, this is one of those rules everyone knows. It doesn’t matter if it’s a bad call, it doesn’t matter if it’s incidental, you make contact with an umpire it’s a suspension. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

The whole thing was it was a ball, but almost borderline,  and TA isn't exactly  known for his keen eye re. the strikezone.strike zone. To get yourself in a position to clearly hit the u.pire with your helmet is stupid and selfish. And why nobody came out to get in between is beyond me.

First of all it took TLR about 5 minutes to get out there and secondly once he was there he just off to the side of TA. He never jumped in between as every competent manager knows you must do immediately. Lf TA bumped him again he would of gotten 10 days. 

Tony should have a couple practices on how not to bump into umpires since apparently our players can't seem to master that skill. I bet great managers do that. Get all dressed up in a ump uniform and practice, practice, practice. 

Or, grown ass men who have been playing twenty years, can act like men who have been playing for twenty years. 

Bumping him is showing passion?! Really show some passion and deck the ump. This team is really screwed if they need a babysitter to keep them from hitting an ump. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Dick Allen said:

Tony would have broken his hip if he tried to get out there that quickly. 

Please the umps egg these guys on too. They get in the players faces practically inciting at least incidental  contact. I have never seen umps back away either.

TA7 is absolutely  targeted.

And because of that he has to take extra precautions. The JD-Manager and TA7 need to have a conversation.

Edited by GradMc
  • Haha 3

10 minutes ago, GradMc said:

Please the umps egg these guys on too. They get in the players faces practically inciting at least incidental  contact. I have never seen umps back away either.

TA7 is absolutely  targeted.

And because of that he has to take extra precautions. The JD-Manager and TA7 need to have a conversation.

See Green, Draymond.  Although he seems to really enjoy the role of instigator/agitator at times.  Emotion is much less useful in baseball, of course.  But another couple of similar incidents and he will really start to get more of a label attached.

I am not one for thinking ejections spark a team. The White Sox have been mired in third place, and they should be embarrassed by that. If TA wants to inspire the team, have a big day at the plate or play some solid defense. Show some leadership. Getting suspended is not showing leadership.

• Like 1
  • Hawk 2

7 minutes ago, Buehrle>Wood said:

Lol barely touched him as the ump gets up there too. Soft as fuck

Bullshit. This is an iron clad rule. The umps have collectively negotiated this with the league as a safety matter, they don’t want elite athletes giving their guys gentle bumps. You make contact with an ump it’s a suspension. You gamble a little on baseball, it’s an issue.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, flavum said:

Give me a fucking break about being targeted or over punished. Absolutely deserved three games. 

I dont get the venom and hate for TA.

I like the that he gave a crap. Many of you are stuck on the fact that it was a border line pitch........but go see his previous AB where the pitch was 5 inches higher and inside and the dumb ass ump called it a strike 

Tim said something at that point to the ump but turned right back around and focused on hitting. 

He didn't just explode for no reason. I agree he should not have bumped the umpire but at some point you need to stand up and say something.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, 2Deep said:

I dont get the venom and hate for TA.

I like the that he gave a crap. Many of you are stuck on the fact that it was a border line pitch........but go see his previous AB where the pitch was 5 inches higher and inside and the dumb ass ump called it a strike 

Tim said something at that point to the ump but turned right back around and focused on hitting. 

He didn't just explode for no reason. I agree he should not have bumped the umpire but at some point you need to stand up and say something.

There’s no venom on my part toward TA. I’m just calling it like I see it based on watching baseball over the years. If he had to get it out, he could have stayed in the box, kept his head down while talking and told the ump “that was high”- even though that was a borderline first pitch of the at bat. Once TA starts walking toward him, he’s in trouble. Once he says the magic words, he’s gone. And once he gets in the face of the ump and the brim of his helmet makes contact with the ump, he’s suspended. Three games seems fair based on the incident, and especially since he’s done this before. The punishment was warranted.