07/31 - A's @ White Sox, 1:10 PM CT

Quin

5 minutes ago, reiks12 said:

How is Happ at 2b? would be a good fit next season if Colas is ready for right. 

Eh I think 2nd base days are over for him. Besides you got a guy like Sosa who might be ready and some other guys too that they could give up for Joey Wendle who can play a decent 2nd base and has a mutual option for next year. He hits RH pitching pretty well for this year and next which would put Harrison against LH and whoever next year against LHP.

Or the Sox can try to go after Jazz Chisholm while he's injured this year but might return in Sept. But again not enough pieces for him.

10 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Eh I think 2nd base days are over for him. Besides you got a guy like Sosa who might be ready and some other guys too that they could give up for Joey Wendle who can play a decent 2nd base and has a mutual option for next year. He hits RH pitching pretty well for this year and next which would put Harrison against LH and whoever next year against LHP.

Or the Sox can try to go after Jazz Chisholm while he's injured this year but might return in Sept. But again not enough pieces for him.

They have zero reason to trade an injured Chisholm unless the Sox will still value him as a Top 5-10 NL MVP candidate like he was the first three months…

2 hours ago, Ewick said:

The Sox are facing the worst team in the American league trotting out a guy with an 8 plus era, with thier ace on the mound and I have absolutely zero confidence in thier ability to win this game... such is this 2022 season

Well said. Agree completely.

13 minutes ago, fathom said:

Happ would be a terrible fit.  Can’t play RF, isn’t hitting for power and the Cubs are asking for the world.

He can play RF or LF for that matter for a month until the Sox find out if Colas is a viable option for Sept. in RF. If he is Happ can go back to LF .He got more HR's than most of the Sox team and the lack of HR because of the ball or whatever has been offset by a career high in doubles. It's obvious he just decided to be a better overall hitter. That looks like the right call since he can play every day and hits RHP and LHP well.

Pollock,SHeets, Leury, Eloy 4 guys who play the OF all with negative War.

I have no idea how you can call him a terrible fit with real terrible fits like Pollock, Sheets, Eloy and Leury still getting OF starts and Happ with 2.3 fWar.Only the asking the world part actually fits your narrative.

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside

16 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

But Kim Ng said everyone was open for discussion except their ace pitcher.

Discussion being the key point.

We would need to trade half our farm system for Pablo Lopez.

Chisholm is right behind him.

And they can simply trade Cooper away and sign him right back…they don't desperately need 1B types on their roster.

6 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

He can play RF or LF for that matter for a month until the Sox find out if Colas is a viable option for Sept. in RF. If he is Happ can go back to LF .He got more HR's than most of the Sox team and the lack of HR because of the ball or whatever has been offset by a career high in doubles. It's obvious he just decided to be a better overall hitter. That looks like the right call since he can play every day and hits RHP and LHP well.

Pollock,SHeets, Leury, Eloy 4 guys who play the OF all with negative War.

I have no idea how you can call him a terrible fit with real terrible fits like Pollock, Sheets, Eloy and Leury still getting OF starts and Happ with 2.3 fWar.Only the asking the world part actually fits your narrative.

He’s a terrible fit for the price they’re asking for. If they’re going to use up all their system resources, it should be for someone then know can play RF and is a real slugger.  

1 minute ago, caulfield12 said:

Discussion being the key point.

We would need to trade half our farm system for Pablo Lopez.

Chisholm is right behind him.

And they can simply trade Cooper away and sign him right back…they don't desperately need 1B types on their roster.

LOL I didnt say it would was easy. But when you say zero reason to trade him. The reason is because Kim Ng said it was possible.

1 minute ago, fathom said:

He’s a terrible fit for the price they’re asking for. If they’re going to use up all their system resources, it should be for someone then know can play RF and is a real slugger.  

Ok fine and that's what I told you . You only got the price part right and teams are going to start that high naturally and that's why he hasn't been moved yet.

There are no guys in RF who are going to be moved to use all your system resources on when you consider Reynolds probably not going anywhere and there's a possibility Soto doesn't too. Name some real sluggers who can play defense in RF . Or anyone availble who is a slugger LH and just be passable in RF. Schwarber ? Haven't heard any rumors about him either.

10 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

LOL I didnt say it would was easy. But when you say zero reason to trade him. The reason is because Kim Ng said it was possible.

Well Hahn hasn't been able to pull off a trade his entire tenure like that...

Fwiw we need to buy out the Rays' front office.  It's simply incredible they are contending with that starting lineup missing Franco, Ramirez, Margot and Kiermaier.  Yandy Diaz is their best hitter right now.

The bottom four might be even worse than the numbers for Sox bottom of the lineup this year.

Edited by caulfield12

Vaughn actually playing where he belongs.

Guardians somehow already scored three off McClanahan already.   They also face Royals 6 of last 9 games of season.  Sox and Twins same pattern final week.  Adv Cleve.

Edited by caulfield12