AND THAT'S A WHITE SOX WINNER

Quin

11 minutes ago, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

And yet, somehow I feel many here would be dissatisfied to see the Sox in first place soon. Almost like they already wrote the team off and/or dislike Hahn/TLR so much that they’d rather see the team fail.

I want the Sox to win badly. It's clear they're not gonna fire TLR this year so we might as well try to do something instead of laying down and rolling over. I just don't want Hahn to think like this team has a chance at an actual championship and overpay for a SP. 

1 minute ago, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

Yea, great fit. Another DH, like the Sox don’t have enough of those already.

The Sox have been playing DH's in the corners all year anyways. At least Schwarber crushes RHP, draws walks, and hits for power. 3 things this team desperately needs. The difference in value this year between Sheets & Schwarber alone is enough to put the Sox in first place right now.

• Like 2
  • Hawk 1

2 minutes ago, maxjusttyped said:

The Sox have been playing DH's in the corners all year anyways. At least Schwarber crushes RHP, draws walks, and hits for power. 3 things this team desperately needs. The difference in value this year between Sheets & Schwarber alone is enough to put the Sox in first place right now.

Sheets has no place on this roster if he isn’t going to hit. I’m not arguing that but the Sox don’t need another DH. Vaughn/Eloy already have that covered. Schwarber had one good month but has been pedestrian otherwise. 

Just find it funny that people constantly complain about the roster’s lack of flexibility and poor defensive outfield play. Yet, same people are advocating for Schwarber lol

18 minutes ago, bmags said:

We would be like 5 wins better with schwarber.

The offense hasn’t been as good as expected BUT when you factor in all the injuries I’m surprised that the team has a collective 99 wRC+. This is with major contributors from last season’s team missing significant time - Moncada, Grandal, Robert, Eloy (Eloy didn’t contribute much last season but did the year before).

The biggest issue with this team, something that NO ONE predicted, has been the decline of Lynn and Giolito - the consensus top two starters heading into this season. A combined 8.3 fWAR last season compared to 1.0 fWAR so far this season. If those two get back on track, this team coasts to a division title.

Just now, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

The offense hasn’t been as good as expected BUT when you factor in all the injuries I’m surprised that the team has a collective 99 wRC+. This is with major contributors from last season’s team missing significant time - Moncada, Grandal, Robert, Eloy (Eloy didn’t contribute much last season but did the year before).

The biggest issue with this team, something that NO ONE predicted, has been the decline of Lynn and Giolito - the consensus top two starters heading into this season. A combined 8.3 fWAR last season compared to 1.0 fWAR so far this season. If those two get back on track, this team coasts to a division title.

So below average offense. 

4 minutes ago, bmags said:

So below average offense. 

Considering 100 is average, I’d say it’s been average. In spite of all the injuries, that’s not as bad as many let on. Now that they’re finally getting healthy (hopefully Robert returns next week), let’s see what they can do.

1 minute ago, hi8is said:

Totally batshit crazy that we’re only 2 out of first and 2.5 back of a wild card spot.

Insane holy crap nuclear bombs are dropping run for the cellar type of crazy.

Tampa could be in trouble as they have an incredibly hard schedule the rest of the way

4 hours ago, CWSpalehoseCWS said:

Yep. All the reason to not trade him like some suggest on here. He is a difference maker in this lineup.

It's just so rare we see that guy ,2 years and every time he runs in the OF and on the bases you think he's going to pull up lame. And I'm the guy who wanted Rodon back and didnt care about how everyone else felt about what the Sox thought they knew about his medicals.

The Sox never counted on Rodon to be a significant part of the core but it's the core guys who have always been hurt that have not turned into what we thought they would to make the Sox a great team .Specifically Eloy and Moncada have been huge disappointments.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

It's just so rare we see that guy ,2 years and every time he runs in the OF and on the bases you think he's going to pull up lame. And I'm the guy who wanted Rodon back and didnt care about how everyone else felt about what the Sox thought they knew about his medicals.

The Sox never counted on Rodon to be a significant part of the core but it's the core guys who have always been hurt that have not turned into what we thought they would to make the Sox a great team .Specifically Eloy and Moncada have been huge disappointments.

I understand that, I just think there is a future with Eloy splitting time in the OF and at DH for the Sox. Robert has just as much of a history with injuries, yet nobody is clamoring to trade him away. The whole core has been a big disappointment health and performance wise.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, CWSpalehoseCWS said:

I understand that, I just think there is a future with Eloy splitting time in the OF and at DH for the Sox. Robert has just as much of a history with injuries, yet nobody is clamoring to trade him away. The whole core has been a big disappointment health and performance wise.

That's because Robert is a threat all over, Offense defense and on the bases and racks up fWar when he does play. The only time Eloy is useful is when he hits. The rest of the time people think he's going to run over Robert and trip over a base and miss another 6 months.

14 hours ago, southsider2k5 said:

Your family must love how easily satisfied you are. One game over .500 and you are taking victory laps like we've actually achieved something worth celebrating. 

Hooray 3rd place!

You’ve used this “your family must love” bit before.  I agree with the target in this instance that it’s weird and inappropriate. Stick to baseball and leave “families” out of it.

8 hours ago, YouCanPutItOnTheBoardYES! said:

Schwarber would have 8 home runs with a .634 OPS if the Sox signed him.

I remember when sox fans were sure that any "athlete" drafted was a bad idea and any high schooler would fail on the sox because the 3 they drafted over a decade failed. Now Colson Montgomery is our first home grown top 50 prospect since seemingly forever (we have had prospects we've selected in top 5 that were immediately top 50 guys, but few that grew into that position, and you can include Robert but he did cost $60 million and had extensive experience in a pro league).

The problem isn't that hitters explode on the sox. It's that the sox are bad at scouting, and continuously get excited that a previously great hitter is suddenly in their price range. And then it turns out its because they were showing signs of decline, which scared other teams, but sox have terrible scouting so we then say "oh no, don't get this good player, they'll be bad on our team" when they are still younger and more expensive.

Basically - these are all the reasons why I'm certain we'll end up with JD Martinez or Nelson Cruz.

• Like 1

Apparently Dylan Cease  loves pitching in day games.  In his last 5 day games (3 home, 2 road) he has the following results:

W-L     IP     H     ER     BB    K     ERA

5-0     31    20      3       8     36    0.87

With all the terrible injuries and lack of hitting, pitching, fielding and managing on this team, one of the few bright spots to get excited about, is watching Dylan Cease pitch every 5 days!

57 minutes ago, 35thstreetswarm said:

You’ve used this “your family must love” bit before.  I agree with the target in this instance that it’s weird and inappropriate. Stick to baseball and leave “families” out of it.

I think it is weird that people are so excited about literal mediocrity they feel they need to make personal attacks on people over it.  If the OP would "stick to baseball" and not make inappropriate attacks at other posters personally, both through the site and DM's, they probably wouldn't get the same back in kind.

Now back to the 3rd place parties!

40 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

I think it is weird that people are so excited about literal mediocrity they feel they need to make personal attacks on people over it.  If the OP would "stick to baseball" and not make inappropriate attacks at other posters personally, both through the site and DM's, they probably wouldn't get the same back in kind.

Now back to the 3rd place parties!

Making fun of posters for their negativity (or positivity) about the play of the Chicago White Sox is not really a “personal attack” at all, though. Certainly not in the way that commenting on how someone’s family views them is.  Maybe there are other actual personal attacks I’m not aware of, in which case I’d condemn them too.

2 minutes ago, 35thstreetswarm said:

Making fun of posters for their negativity (or positivity) about the play of the Chicago White Sox is not really a “personal attack” at all, though. Certainly not in the way that commenting on how someone’s family views them is.  Maybe there are other actual personal attacks I’m not aware of, in which case I’d condemn them too.

That's nice.

6 minutes ago, 35thstreetswarm said:

That’s a disappointing and childish response, especially from a moderator.  Oh well, I’ve said my piece, do with it what you will.

Look, I think it a childish response for someone to feel the need to go after people for not being satisified with this teams performance, and to make it personal, ergo, the very definition of a personal attack.  I know you feel the need to lecture me here and have the last work for giving said poster the same type of response to his personal attacks, and that's fine.

I obviously don't agree with your point of view, so if you feel the need to be superior too, go right ahead.  I feel that if you are personally targeting people, posters responding in kind isn't crazy, especially when the feel the need to break another rule and make those attacks through PMs.

15 hours ago, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

And yet, somehow I feel many here would be dissatisfied to see the Sox in first place soon. Almost like they already wrote the team off and/or dislike Hahn/TLR so much that they’d rather see the team fail.

I've said it on here for years. There's people on here that just want to count prospects in the farm system and cry about winning 60 games. Life is alot easier that way.