The official thread of unbridled second half optimism

JoeC

Following up a bad first half with a really good second half and making a deep playoff run is…not really all that weird.  Sure, nothing about their play for the first half has indicated that they will go on a run…but that’s true of every underachieving first half team.  I predicted a shitty first half and big second and I’m sticking to it.

It's amazing that the basically the entire team could regress for almost 2/3rds of the season and they're 2 games out of the division. Minnesota could have ran away and hid by now but they didn't. Sox need to make them pay.

2nd half rebounds from Eloy, Moncada, Pollock ,and Grandal. Add a few LH pieces on the pitching staff and in the lineup among others, Santander, Wendle, Happ, Gallo, Colas, Matt Moore, Quintana, Martin Perez, Andrew Chafin, Joe Mantiply, Gregory Soto, Steven Okert. Lynn gets better the more he pitches.

37 minutes ago, almagest said:

It's amazing that the basically the entire team could regress for almost 2/3rds of the season and they're 2 games out of the division. Minnesota could have ran away and hid by now but they didn't. Sox need to make them pay.

The AL Central being absolute trash is our saving grace. All we have to do is get healthy for a minute.  We get healthy and hot in October we can win.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

The AL Central being absolute trash is our saving grace. All we have to do is get healthy for a minute.  We get healthy and hot in October we can win.

They're probably gonna get smashed in the first round if they do but I'll take a chance with Cease starting twice in a short series.

29 minutes ago, almagest said:

They're probably gonna get smashed in the first round if they do but I'll take a chance with Cease starting twice in a short series.

Cease in the 2022 playoffs is such a different proposition than he was the prior two years.

From throwing 2/3rds of an inning to hopefully throwing 7 solid shutout.