08/01 - Royals @ White Sox, 7:10 PM CT

Quin

The White Sox won their first home series in forever and are once again above .500!

Throwing for the White Sox

Michael Kopech: 4-6, 3.16 ERA, 78K

MLB still uses this photo to preview Kopech starts.

current

We haven't seen this fresh-faced pitcher in a while. Instead, we have this guy, who has aged significantly in the past few years. Some say TLR steals his youth to stay awake in the dugout.

Michael%20Kopech%20White%20Sox%20USAT.jp

Throwing for the Royals

Brad Keller: 5-11, 4.18, 73 K

Remember when TA did his now iconic bat toss and Brad Keller lost his shit?

More homers. More bat tosses. More wins.

• Like 1

The White Sox, for some reason, always have trouble with KC. They should win this series, but I'm not assuming they are going on some tear. They scored 10 runs against the A's and one came on a wild pitch. And, as of game 101, they are only one game over .500.

19 minutes ago, Texsox said:

I'm feeling good about this week. 

I feel the opposite.  KC can hit the ball and our scheduled pitchers have really been struggling.  Big game tonight - need Kopech to continue throwing that 95+ fastball 

We could, potentially, get the entire projected Opening Day lineup for the first time this season:

Anderson 6, Moncada 5, Robert 8, Abreu 3, Jimenez 7, Grandal 2, Vaughn DH, Pollock 9, Harrison 4

We probably won't, because even if Robert gets activated, the odds of TLR leaving both Sheets and Leury out of the lineup vs RHP is pretty close to zero, but the possibility at least exists.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Highland said:

The White Sox, for some reason, always have trouble with KC. They should win this series, but I'm not assuming they are going on some tear. They scored 10 runs against the A's and one came on a wild pitch. And, as of game 101, they are only one game over .500.

Yes, but I do like the fact that they are 16-11 in their last 27 and haven’t lost a series since early July…. 

Edited by Greg Hibbard

2 hours ago, CentralChamps21 said:

We could, potentially, get the entire projected Opening Day lineup for the first time this season:

Anderson 6, Moncada 5, Robert 8, Abreu 3, Jimenez 7, Grandal 2, Vaughn DH, Pollock 9, Harrison 4

We probably won't, because even if Robert gets activated, the odds of TLR leaving both Sheets and Leury out of the lineup vs RHP is pretty close to zero, but the possibility at least exists.

I would be shocked if Robert is in Chicago to get activated. 

2 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

I would be shocked if Robert is in Chicago to get activated. 

My guess is if he were not, they would have either not mentioned it, or would have said he was leaving his rehab assignment for further evaluation.  Well at least I hope so.

6 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

My guess is if he were not, they would have either not mentioned it, or would have said he was leaving his rehab assignment for further evaluation.  Well at least I hope so.

If that is the case, why bother sending him to AAA at all?  Send the dude on a plane by himself to Nashville to DH Friday night, and then call it good?  Obviously he "got sick" on Saturday, but the decision making doesn't make much sense if they activate him today.

But obviously that is what I am hoping for because the other alternative isn't a good one. 

12 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

If that is the case, why bother sending him to AAA at all?  Send the dude on a plane by himself to Nashville to DH Friday night, and then call it good?  Obviously he "got sick" on Saturday, but the decision making doesn't make much sense if they activate him today.

But obviously that is what I am hoping for because the other alternative isn't a good one. 

Maybe they are trying to put off a roster juggle?  Who knows with this bunch.

3 hours ago, RJSox_22 said:

I feel the opposite.  KC can hit the ball and our scheduled pitchers have really been struggling.  Big game tonight - need Kopech to continue throwing that 95+ fastball 

And Singer and Bubic have looked pretty good over their last few outings (especially Singer), so yeah, need to get this first one tonight!

10 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Maybe they are trying to put off a roster juggle?  Who knows with this bunch.

Yeah idk.  Seems stupid to let your best player be the one you fuck with to save Seby Zavala or Reese McGuire's roster spot.

Really hoping I am wrong and Luis is activated today.  The tealeaves just don't add up. 

Edited by ChiSox59

1 minute ago, ChiSox59 said:

Yeah idk.  Seems stupid to let your best player be the one you fuck with the save Seby Zavala or Reese McGuire.

Really hoping I am wrong and Luis is activated today.  The tealeaves just don't add up. 

It feels like there is a lot more to Robert's health than we know.  Thinking back, he hasn't seemed to be right in CF for a while now.  It would explain a lot.

• Thanks 1