08/01 - Royals @ White Sox, 7:10 PM CT

Quin

5 minutes ago, maloney.adam said:

Yeah this team wasn’t built to be a station to station team so it doesn’t come as a surprise that TLR is the wrong manager for this team. 

White Sox players had a modern approach to hitting, until Tony came in and dictated a change, played players who suited his style.

Players were healthy until Tony felt uncomfortable with Brian Ball and now they are crippled.

Pitching has been good only because Lucas Giolito recruited the guy he was working with on the side because Don Cooper sucked, and Dave Duncan wouldn't come here.

https://whitesoxpride.mlblogs.com/white-sox-name-frank-menechino-hitting-coach-c883f5a3c1cc

Menechino, 48, spent last season in the same capacity with Class AAA Charlotte, his first as a coach in the organization. Under his guidance in 2019, the Knights led the International League in runs scored (792), ranked second in on-base percentage (.352), slugging percentage (.472) and OPS (.824) and third in home runs (208).

• Like 1
  • Fire 1

12 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

Right. How is 6-13 looking optimistic when they’re 3-3 so far? They aren’t going 3-10 in the next 13 lol 

It’s not, nor did I say “optimistic”, I said GENEROUS, meaning my previously low prediction (compared to everyone else in the thread) is now looking generous. Are you watching the same team we are? 3-10 is totally realistic with this clown show.

2 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

White Sox players had a modern approach to hitting, until Tony came in and dictated a change, played players who suited his style.

Players were healthy until Tony felt uncomfortable with Brian Ball and now they are crippled.

Pitching has been good only because Lucas Giolito recruited the guy he was working with on the side because Don Cooper sucked, and Dave Duncan wouldn't come here.

https://whitesoxpride.mlblogs.com/white-sox-name-frank-menechino-hitting-coach-c883f5a3c1cc

Do you think Menechino is the issue as well or just Tony or both?

Edited by maloney.adam

You guys seem cool so I’ll tell ya, you can move here cuz you’re Sox fans.  Perfect girls and all of the flavors.  The seven seas meet together nicely in the desert 🌵 

Edited by JPR

4 minutes ago, maloney.adam said:

Do you think Menechino is the issue as well or just Tony or both?

I think nothing changes until a competent external FO is hired, who then hires a manager, and they bring in a new staff. Marco Paddy and Ehtan Katz are the only two people in the organization I would consider keeping among publicly known/discussed personnel. 

I think there is a solid chance Jerry finally steps down or passes by November 2024, and change should occur within 1-2 years after that happens. In the meantime, I'm not spending a penny.

7 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

I think nothing changes until a competent external FO is hired, who then hires a manager, and they bring in a new staff. Marco Paddy and Ehtan Katz are the only two people in the organization I would consider keeping among publicly known/discussed personnel. 

I think there is a solid chance Jerry finally steps down or passes by November 2024, and change should occur within 1-2 years after that happens. In the meantime, I'm not spending a penny.

Thanks for the insight on everything. I do enjoy your posts. I can’t wait for the day JR steps down. As a fan base we have gone through so much and we deserve so much better than this. 

Edited by maloney.adam
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, JPR said:

There’s only one way to solve this…trade Vaughn, Montgomery (#1 overall Sox prospect), Burger, and Sheets for Soto.

Sheets sucks and has little to no value. Add Colas to the deal and it still isn't enough

30 minutes ago, BigHurt3515 said:

I can't believe the front office just sits there and is content with watching this disgrace and not make a change

Much easier to believe when you accept that TLR has neutered the entire power structure of this org from Jerry on down.  Tony isn't just the manager.

1 hour ago, JPR said:

I’d roll that dude.  Tadahito Iguchi would too.  He’s a soft, pretty boy who wears wigs in Chicago Heights at night.  He provides zero drive, and zero heart, because of poor leadership ( coaching) and already getting paid.  I can’t fathom how much more he makes than Luis…hope Robert doesn’t hold out after seeing Rupaul get paid like that.  Hey, if Rupaul could hit then I’d love her but Yoan is nothing but a small yawn on a boring weekday afternoon at work.  He adds nothing to this clubhouse.  Trade high…at least we got Kopech from the Chris Sale trade.  And the Sox ripped off the Cubs for Quintana Lol

At least you showed your true colors early. Seems like you spend more time coming up with tired homophobic/transphobic bullshit so you can vent on the forum. Go see a therapist so you can start to get some inner peace. 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Spicy gar said:

At least you showed your true colors early. Seems like you spend more time coming up with tired homophobic/transphobic bullshit so you can vent on the forum. Go see a therapist so you can start to get some inner peace. 

This place is so much more fun when we’re winning. 😆