What would you trade Giolito for

bmags

Cmon guys, if Giolito was on a different bad team right now there would be a huge thread talking about what we would give up to get him.

It just so happens hes on our bad team right now and part of the reason we are underachieving so we have a jaded view of him.

Just now, T R U said:

Cmon guys, if Giolito was on a different bad team right now there would be a huge thread talking about what we would give up to get him.

It just so happens hes on our bad team right now and part of the reason we are underachieving so we have a jaded view of him.

I really don't think we'd be interested. Declining velocity, HR prone, bad season, etc. 

Just now, Jack Parkman said:

I really don't think we'd be interested. Declining velocity, HR prone, bad season, etc. 

He has been good for the past 3 seasons and is relatively cheap the remainder of this season and next. Hes struggling this year so maybe we could get him cheaper than usual. He would be exactly who we would be interested in.

I have negative interest in trading Giolito right now.  Why TF would you trade him at quite literally his lowest value point at any juncture of his White Sox tenure? You hold onto Giolito and just hope he comes back in 2023 with his issues resolved. 

Lucas is a man dedicated to his craft, and a man that has proven several times that this next contract is important to him.  I'd bet on Lucas being pretty good next season. 

Edited by ChiSox59
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, T R U said:

He has been good for the past 3 seasons and is relatively cheap the remainder of this season and next. Hes struggling this year so maybe we could get him cheaper than usual. He would be exactly who we would be interested in.

What he did from 2019-21 is irrelevant 

1 minute ago, ChiSox59 said:

I have negative interest in trading Giolito right now.  Why TF would you trade him at quite literally his lowest value point at any juncture of his White Sox tenure? You hold onto Giolito and just hope he comes back in 2023 with his issues resolved. 

Bingo 

I wish Jerry would just sell the team if the Sox have to base all these decisions on "not being able to sign" a guy. Get out of the business, Jerry. p.s. Is Giolito even a special pitcher? Or just another 5 1/3 inning, dime a dozen guy?

One 'good' thing about having a bad team is most fans don't care about trading favorite guys anymore? I mean I wouldn't be mad if Jerry traded any player except Jose. I like him lots. I also would prefer keeping Eloy and Robert. I like them despite the injury risks. Oh and I like Cease as well. Good acquisition.

Even TA, Sheets, Vaughn, Yas, Gio, who. cares? 

Edited by greg775