Mahle to Twins

bmags

Just now, ChiSox59 said:

Christian Encarncion-Strand, Spencer Steer and Steven Hajaar the rumored return. 

Encarncion-Strand and Steer infielders having monster offensive seasons in minors, and are closeish.  

Hajaar a 2nd round pick lefty last year. 

4 minutes ago, T R U said:

How so, these guys are all 40/45 FV

Old rankings.  Take a closer look.  Strand and Steer are having monster seasons.  Strand likely top 100 guy with Reds by seasons end.  Steer probably will be with Reds very soon.  Both were easily top 5 prospects in the Twins system.  Hajaar is a 6'5' lefty draft 61st overall last year dicing up A ball.

Its a big return for #3 SP. 

Edited by ChiSox59

5 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

Old rankings.  Take a closer look.  Strand and Steer are having monster seasons.  Strand likely top 100 guy with Reds by seasons end.  Steer probably will be with Reds very soon.  Both were easily top 5 prospects in the Twins system.  Hajaar is a 6'5' lefty draft 61st overall last year dicing up A ball.

Its a big return for #3 SP. 

Pretty sure these were all just recently updated. Like I said, this is not an impressive return.

2 minutes ago, Buehrle>Wood said:

A Baseball America top 100 guy and 2 others in the Twins top 15? All having huge years? What other trades netted 3 of a team's top 15 other than Soto and, well, the other trade the Reds made.

agreed, reds did great. MLB Pipeline is used a lot more because they are a non subscription site so writers feel more free to give the info up. But they haven't done the mid-season rankings, so they are way out of date for how big movements happen esp. for newer/young prospects.

Hell, if a team traded for Lenyn Sosa now they'd be referring to a mlb pipeline #21 prospects for the 30th ranked farm system. 

3 minutes ago, bmags said:

agreed, reds did great. MLB Pipeline is used a lot more because they are a non subscription site so writers feel more free to give the info up. But they haven't done the mid-season rankings, so they are way out of date for how big movements happen esp. for newer/young prospects.

Hell, if a team traded for Lenyn Sosa now they'd be referring to a mlb pipeline #21 prospects for the 30th ranked farm system. 

What about Fangraphs? They have Sosa as our #3 with a 45 FV

All those twins guys still 40/45 FV

Its an OK return.

5 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

Bellinger would be great if we were playing  Sratomatic and could use his 2029 card. 

I was watching MLBN yesterday and they did a Dodgers projected line up if they got Soto. Bellinger was 9th.

He's really bad now, I don't really understand how he went from an MVP candidate to this during his prime years. Can't remember anyone like that.

2 minutes ago, bmags said:

He's really bad now, I don't really understand how he went from an MVP candidate to this during his prime years. Can't remember anyone like that.

Long loopy swing with his head bobbing.

12 minutes ago, T R U said:

Pretty sure these were all just recently updated. Like I said, this is not an impressive return.

I don’t know what set of rankings you’re looking at, but most haven’t been updated recently besides BA which requires a subscription. I disagree that’s it’s not a big return. It’s 2 close to the majors bats that are back end top 100 prospects or close to it and a young lefty pitching prospect dicing up A ball and a top 60 pick a year ago. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ChiSox59 said:

I don’t know what set of rankings you’re looking at, but most haven’t been updated recently besides BA which requires a subscription. I disagree that’s it’s not a big return. It’s 2 close to the majors bats that are back end top 100 prospects or close to it and a young lefty pitching prospect dicing up A ball and a top 60 pick a year ago. 

We will just have to agree to disagree. Its definitely not a "big return" no matter whose rankings your looking at, lets settle down there.

There we go just like I predicted and expected to happen and why I wanted the Sox to make moves. Anyone who wanted the Sox just to give up because they can't win the World Series you should be happy now.

But I did say that wouldn't stop the Twins from making moves and they haven't. They owe it to their fans to try. Plus as management they have made enough right moves getting rid of Donaldson getting Urshela and starting pitching because that's what you do . You try to get better. Always.

Sox management has done nothing but make backwards moves and now it's such a mess maybe they are just gun shy or more like just don't want to put good money after bad.

Jerry it's up to you. Admit your mistakes. Fire TLR . I know you won't give a new GM much freedom but you gave Hahn a decent amount and him and everyone around him helping him didn't do the job. Fire all of them next. Then step down as chairman and sell the team.

7 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

There we go just like I predicted and expected to happen and why I wanted the Sox to make moves. Anyone who wanted the Sox just to give up because they can't win the World Series you should be happy now.

But I did say that wouldn't stop the Twins from making moves and they haven't. They owe it to their fans to try. Plus as management they have made enough right moves getting rid of Donaldson getting Urshela and starting pitching because that's what you do . You try to get better. Always.

Sox management has done nothing but make backwards moves and now it's such a mess maybe they are just gun shy or more like just don't want to put good money after bad.

Jerry it's up to you. Admit your mistakes. Fire TLR . I know you won't give a new GM much freedom but you gave Hahn a decent amount and him and everyone around him helping him didn't do the job. Fire all of them next. Then step down as chairman and sell the team.

I think more people feared that Hahn would ultimately make things worse, consistent with the past twelve months.

Didn't want to see Ryan Pace like desperation moves which would dig an even larger mess.

I didn't see Jerry offering substantial money with lower than expected live gate revenues this season, and likely further decreases next year. Would make sense financially to sell of a bunch of pieces the next year, bank large profits and try to compete in 2025.

Can see them blaming the "incredible" bad luck of injuries this season, and quietly extending Hahn and Tony this offseason, assuming they weren't extended last offseason.

39 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

I think more people feared that Hahn would ultimately make things worse, consistent with the past twelve months.

Didn't want to see Ryan Pace like desperation moves which would dig an even larger mess.

I didn't see Jerry offering substantial money with lower than expected live gate revenues this season, and likely further decreases next year. Would make sense financially to sell of a bunch of pieces the next year, bank large profits and try to compete in 2025.

Can see them blaming the "incredible" bad luck of injuries this season, and quietly extending Hahn and Tony this offseason, assuming they weren't extended last offseason.

Nah Hahn didn't have the money to make other moves. Among my many ,many posts when it came down to actually predicting what I thought the Sox would do I said they could probably spend $10-15M at the deadline and that's why I figured if they did anything it would be a a few relievers. I mean, I tried to will more into existence, knowing how little Martin Perez ,Ian Happ and Joey Wendle were making this year which was why they were the main guys I kept talking about.

Unlike football Pace moves spends a lot of money and some draft picks. Hahn maybe could've spend $10-$15M and traded minor leaguers for them and among those minor leaguers how many are actually going to make a difference for the Sox in the next 2 years ? Cola's maybe,Davis Martin ? Sosa ? Carlos Perez ? They'll all have rookie and early years problems . Gio, Cease,Kopech, Crochet, Robert, Eloy , Moncada all went through that and most of them still can't be counted on year to year .

We were expecting superstars and got injuries and inconsistency and bad management at all levels instead.

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside

5 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Nah Hahn didn't have the money to make other moves. Among my many ,many posts when it came down to actually predicting what I thought the Sox would do I said they could probably spend $10-15M at the deadline and that's why I figured if they did anything it would be a a few relievers. I mean, I tried to will more into existence, knowing how little Martin Perez ,Ian Happ and Joey Wendle were making this year which was why they were the main guys I kept talking about.

Unlike football Pace moves spends a lot of money and some draft picks. Hahn maybe could've spend $10-$15M and traded minor leaguers for them and among those minor leaguers how many are actually going to make a difference for the Sox in the next 2 years ? Cola's maybe,Davis Martin ? Sosa ? Carlos Perez ? They'll all have rookie and early years problems . Gio, Cease,Kopech, Crochet, Robert, Eloy , Moncada all went through that and most of them still can't be counted on year to year .

We were expecting superstars and got injuries and inconsistency and bad management at all levels instead.

I thought $3M-$4M was the top amount available due to the fact this team cannot draw due to the fact they hired Tony La Russa.

3 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

I thought $3M-$4M was the top amount available due to the fact this team cannot draw due to the fact they hired Tony La Russa.

Anyway .They got one relief pitcher for an expiring asset in McGuire. Which is better than DFA'ing I suppose. Otherwise they stood pat because they didn't want to spend any money because the geniuses in charge from top to bottom can't stop spending too much money on relief pitching and RH positions player..

It's just pretty sad and ironic that the 1 move they did make kind of rubs their own noses in their mistakes in a poetic justice  way.

11 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Anyway .They got one relief pitcher for an expiring asset in McGuire. Which is better than DFA'ing I suppose. Otherwise they stood pat because they didn't want to spend any money because the geniuses in charge from top to bottom can't stop spending too much money on relief pitching and RH positions player..

It's just pretty sad and ironic that the 1 move they did make kind of rubs their own noses in their mistakes in a poetic justice  way.

I see them dumping $30M-$40M this offseason net. It may take trading 1-2 top players to have other teams eat Hahn's endless shitty contracts.