GT 8/2: You'll get nothing and like it

1 minute ago, brijames1957 said:

My relationship with this team is completely toxic. I hate them, yet I continue to watch. 

Yep, agreed.  If you told me right now they aren’t making the playoffs, I would say I hope they lose every game the rest of the way.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, fathom said:

Yep, agreed.  If you told me right now they aren’t making the playoffs, I would say I hope they lose every game the rest of the way.

If I knew that maybe I’d be able to look away and find a new hobby haha….at least Wed know TLR had no chance to retaining his job then. 

1 hour ago, whitesoxwin said:

Tonight's game is the first game I've bet against the White Sox all season so we'll see how that turns out, lol.

Probably not a bad bet given the Sox Suck at home,  facing a RH and should be discouraged on how the trade deadline turned out.

Then again no one can actually get a handle on how this group will perform. After all they've made a habit lately of losing the 1st game of series then coming back and winning or splitting series. (trend bet ).

TLR just can't help himself balancing the lineup. Can't put Grandal 9th in the lineup . With nothing left to lose and the 9th spot being a productive part of the order this year don't use baseball knowledge or your gut , just go with magic. That's the only way to  explain why Sox hitters do well batting 9th.

37 minutes ago, The Mighty Mite said:

So far doing nothing to improve the team is about as bad as the White Flag trades.

It’s the Black Flag year. “anyone who thinks this roster can’t make up three games is crazy…” Jerry is trolling us on the 25th anniversary of the White Flag. 

35 minutes ago, CentralChamps21 said:

Lots of names didn't go: Happ, Contreras, Rodon, Pederson

I don't think any of the 3 guys I wanted went. Happ, Wendle and Perez. Wasn't sure Perez would go because he loves Tx but  Rangers must be dense. Get something for him and just resign him next year. He's still going to be a Free Agent either way unless they already have some kind of handshake agreement with him.

But if he finishes the season strong, he may not return to the Rangers when he's facing many millions of $$$$.

2 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

I don't think any of the 3 guys I wanted went. Happ, Wendle and Perez. Wasn't sure Perez would go because he loves Tx but  Rangers must be dense. Get something for him and just resign him next year. He's still going to be a Free Agent either way unless they already have some kind of handshake agreement with him.

But if he finishes the season strong, he may not return to the Rangers when he's facing many millions of $$$$.

I wonder how many of these guys are now going to get a QO and end up wishing they'd made a deal on the international draft.

1 hour ago, TheFutureIsNear said:

Not going all-in was/is the smartest thing the front office has done in a while

Don't give them too much credit for being smart. JR just decided he didn't want to spend anything . Hahn's job this deadline was move McGuire or he'd be DFA'd. He did that then skulked back into his doggy cage.

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside

44 minutes ago, brijames1957 said:

My relationship with this team is completely toxic. I hate them, yet I continue to watch. 

It’s called codependency and I get it. Luckily I’m already I’m in a support group but they’ll be surprised to know I’m talking about baseball. 

• Haha 1

45 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Probably not a bad bet given the Sox Suck at home,  facing a RH and should be discouraged on how the trade deadline turned out.

Then again no one can actually get a handle on how this group will perform. After all they've made a habit lately of losing the 1st game of series then coming back and winning or splitting series. (trend bet ).

TLR just can't help himself balancing the lineup. Can't put Grandal 9th in the lineup . With nothing left to lose and the 9th spot being a productive part of the order this year don't use baseball knowledge or your gut , just go with magic. That's the only way to  explain why Sox hitters do well batting 9th.

Generally because TLR has not hit our worse hitters often in the 9 th spot.  How many times has Leury hit 9 th?

Edited by hankchifan

26 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Don't give them too much credit for being smart. JR just decided he didn't want to spend anything . Hahn's job this deadline was move McGuire or he'd be DFA'd. He did that then skulked back into his doggy cage.

I think we tend to forget that JR bought the Sox for $19 million, albeit in 1981.  He has a lot of equity.  Could’nt he monetize some of that equity to improve the team?