GT 8/2: You'll get nothing and like it

1 minute ago, TheFutureIsNear said:

Has it ever been explained why this team has experienced an epidemic of ground balls? Is this really Menechino’s philosophy? 

It’s organization wide. Their GB rate shot up when they hired Steverson, Menechino got the job because he teaches the same thing. This is across three managers and two hitting coaches.

2 minutes ago, fathom said:

He used to have a beautiful lefty swing. Now he looks like Leury

It doesn't look like he has any explosiveness in his swing. I wish bat speed metrics were publicly available. Knowing how he compares to 2019 or even last year would be very useful information to have.

3 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Cool…he’s a quality UT guy.  We should have added a legit everyday 2B.

Isn’t 2 WAR considered an “average” starter? He’s basically that. Certainly not the problem with this team that Giolito, Lynn, and Grandal have been.

6 minutes ago, fathom said:

Absolutely need to unload him this offseason. Don’t even care about the return.

They'd have to pay half the contract and get nothing. You ok with that? 

I'm not against trading anyone on this roster, but I'd prefer to do it when the player has value. I don't think Moncada will be this bad next year. 

I'd even trade Robert , Vaughn or Cease for the right price. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

2 minutes ago, fathom said:

Hahn commented about the approach today and said how well it worked in 2020.  Of course he didn’t mention that was with a juiced ball against Central-only pitching

Worked for about 140 games, and hasn't worked for the last 140 games. 50% success rate isn't good.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, fathom said:

Hahn commented about the approach today and said how well it worked in 2020.  Of course he didn’t mention that was with a juiced ball against Central-only pitching

I think it was fair for him to point out last seasons offense was also very good. But results on opposite field batted balls have cratered because of the juiced ball + humidors and it's like the Sox are the last team in baseball to realize that. Acting as if league wide conditions are the same today as they were last season is insanity.

2 minutes ago, Buehrle>Wood said:

Abreu is far and away our best position player (and obviously has been for awhile). Hes also the only one willing to play every day. Why in the world would anyone want to get rid of him?

Too many 1B/DHs and his contract is up

Casualty of circumstance.

2021 Moncada is the Sox 2nd best position player after Robert. 

Edited by Jack Parkman