Cease AL Pitcher of the Month again

Buehrle>Wood

16 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Not me I predicted the trade would be Lynn for Dunning. Ask @hi8is . He remembers.

Uh - yea… that’s a batshit claim. To clarify, asserting the board in general wanted to ship Cease… 

Cali was indeed one of the stronger voices advocating Lynn for Dunning.

• Thanks 1

How long will it be until the cheap Sox trade this guy like Quintana or Sale or simply let him walk like Rodon?  White Sox seem unable to ever lock up a prime pitcher from their own system.  They trade those types away or let them walk if Rosenhaus is involved, which he often is.  Kopech and Cease…appreciate them while they’re here cuz they’ll be gone soon.  A lot of times you don’t appreciate something till it’s gone.  Cease will win the Cy Young and that will confirm he will be traded before he’s a free agent.  The good news is the Sox have till 2025, and possibly 26, to make this work.   

8 hours ago, southsider2k5 said:

A lot of Soxtalk was ready to quit on him too.

And don’t forget that the Sox gave the option to Texas to choose between Dane Dunning or Dylan Cease.  Just like they gave the Cubs the option to choose between Nick Madigral or Reylo and Sox got lucky with both teams choosing the wrong player.

Edited by JPR
  • Fire 1

3 hours ago, JPR said:

And don’t forget that the Sox gave the option to Texas to choose between Dane Dunning or Dylan Cease.  Just like they gave the Cubs the option to choose between Nick Madigral or Reylo and Sox got lucky with both teams choosing the wrong player.

Did this actually happen?  I never remember seeing this.

It was bantered about and I wanted Dunning Lol.  He was doing really well his first MLB season when the Rangers took him.  And I was wrong again Lol cuz I wanted the Sox to keep Madigral and trade Reynaldo Lopez last season.  I saw what the Rangers and Cubs saw and they were wrong like me.  Whether it was Twitter or YouTube BS for sure that’s what supposed people that matter were saying.

41 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

FB_IMG_1659813081721.jpg

Had to look this up vs. Jake Arrieta’s crazy 2015 second half.

Jake’s 2015 finish is widely cited as one of the best all time, and Cease’s stretch is nearly the same, and didn’t have the White Sox terrible defense behind him making him work extra outs in most starts.

Dylan is also throwing far more strikeouts without the benefit of facing a pitcher (Jake did 11 of 12 starts). The Sox broke up Jake’s chance at matching Dylan’s feat. 😎

Dylan Cease (5/29/22-8/5/22) 13 GS, 76 IP, 47 H, 34 BB, 95 K, 15 R, 5 ER, 7-2.

Jake Arrieta (8/4/15-10/2/15) 12 GS, 88 1/3 IP, 41 H, 14 BB, 89 K, 7 R, 4 ER, 11-0.