GT 8/3: Outfielders? We don't need no stinking outfielders!

39 minutes ago, maloney.adam said:

Is Colas the answer in RF?

I think everyone assumes so because he is playing CF.  Other than that fact I'm not sure anyone knows for certain.  

Also, maybe because we currently utilize guys who wouldn't have been fit to play RF in middle school. 

1 hour ago, ChiSox59 said:

Yeah, my other priority is solving the Abreu/AV/Eloy problem. I am holding Eloy for now and I too think Abreu is going nowhere. So I’m likely looking to move AV this offseason if/when Abreu re-signs. This team badly needs to get more athletic, better defensively in the OF and more left handed. Flipping AV for a LH middle infielder that can field his position and has similar control seems like a good fit.  

Yeah right!  He was drafted like 3rd overall and won the golden spikes award for best hitter in college.  You want to flip that guy for a middle infielder Lol. No way, I’m keeping Vaughn if I’m the Sox.  Sox have plenty of Left handed bats in the pipeline that can play middle infield.

3 minutes ago, maloney.adam said:

Any explanation on why Sheets was removed from the lineup and replaced with Engel? I can’t find anything on the internet.

I've seen a couple people on Twitter saying that Bubic has replaced Singer as the starting pitcher but I haven't seen anything official.

3 minutes ago, maloney.adam said:

Any explanation on why Sheets was removed from the lineup and replaced with Engel? I can’t find anything on the internet.

Hahn actually traded him yesterday but forgot because he was taking a nap with TLR.

• Haha 1

47 minutes ago, JPR said:

Yeah right!  He was drafted like 3rd overall and won the golden spikes award for best hitter in college.  You want to flip that guy for a middle infielder Lol. No way, I’m keeping Vaughn if I’m the Sox.  Sox have plenty of Left handed bats in the pipeline that can play middle infield.

Where he was drafted is irrelevant at this point.  The Sox cannot continue to roster all three of Eloy, Vaughn and Abreu.  If that isn't clear, you haven't paid much attention lately.  

I am not just suggesting flipping AV for any old middle infielder.  Vaughn is valuable and I would expect the return to be also be valuable, but just better fits the roster.  

*This all assumes Abreu isn't going anywhere*

Edited by ChiSox59
  • Hawk 1

18 minutes ago, Highland said:

Wonder how bad things are with Robert. The Sox are not going to win the division without him.

I mean, he's gotta be close.  They wouldn't have activated him otherwise.  

I feel much better about Robert since he was activated than I did prior.  At least we know he's not dying. 

Edited by ChiSox59

Just now, hogan873 said:

Makes no sense to activate Robert and then not play him for two games.

It does if you needed some good news after the disaster of a trade deadline yesterday. 

Can we just go over how badly they handled Robert's injury and rehab?

They clearly don't really know what is wrong with him. They sent him to Charlotte to get 5 at bats and get sick. They bring him back to Chicago, reactivate him, and don't even bother playing him. Just typing that made me mad at how incompetent they are. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, chw42 said:

It does if you needed some good news after the disaster of a trade deadline yesterday. 

Can we just go over how badly they handled Robert's injury and rehab?

They clearly don't really know what is wrong with him. They sent him to Charlotte to get 5 at bats and get sick. They bring him back to Chicago, reactivate him, and don't even bother playing him. Just typing that made me mad at how incompetent they are. 

The dizziness and whatnot he experienced could have been part of the virus he had.  Who knows.  As you mentioned, it seems no one really knew what was wrong with him.  And now, most likely, when he actually gets in the lineup he's not going to be 100%.  He may very well end up back on the IL.