GT 8/4: Perhaps the laws of physics cease to exist during your windup?

• bmags pinned this topic

Maybe we can try winning the first game of a series tonight. We’ve lost the first game in five of the last seven series, and yet we haven’t lost any of those seven series. Even more ridiculous is the fact that we’ve lost the first two games in THREE of those series. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Chick Mercedes said:

Cueto. Easy win.

I don't think there is a really easy win for the White Sox.  Their offense can go into a slumber against anyone no matter who is pitching for them. They should win, but that doesn't mean they will, and if they do, it won't be easy.

Can JBJ still go get it in the OF? Getting DFAd today. He may be a better roster fit than Engel at this point. Engel Should be close to five years of service time, but if under it should still be able to be optioned. Problem is Bradley is still due around 4 million rest of season, which is probably far too much.

10 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

Can JBJ still go get it in the OF? Getting DFAd today. He may be a better roster fit than Engel at this point. Engel Should be close to five years of service time, but if under it should still be able to be optioned. Problem is Bradley is still due around 4 million rest of season, which is probably far too much.

If I calculated correctly, he hit 5 years on 7/30.

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

He's horrible and not better than Engel.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, chw42 said:

Pretty much everyone thought we'd lose to Singer yesterday and we won. Now everyone thinks we'll win this one on the pitching matchup which will probably mean we'll somehow lose. 

Its almost like on any day any team can win or lose...

45 minutes ago, KrankinSox said:

He's horrible and not better than Engel.

JBJ has an $8M buyout on a $12M mutual option for 2023 that I wasn’t aware of. There is a 0% chance he gets claimed and he’ll likely be a FA in a few days. But yeah, he’s bad. But so is Engel. I like  Adam but he’s been pretty terrible this year - isn’t hitting lefties like he used to and IMO his defense has regressed since the leg injuries. But I certainly wouldn’t get rid of him if he’s not optionable. 

5 minutes ago, NCsoxfan said:

I haven’t watched Dunning much but how has he pitched this year? I see his record is awful, but ERA/WHIP/etc look pretty mediocre? A 4/5 on a good team and 3/4 on a bad team?

He hasn't been good at all! Best thing about Dunning is he brought us Lance Lynn. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, NCsoxfan said:

I haven’t watched Dunning much but how has he pitched this year? I see his record is awful, but ERA/WHIP/etc look pretty mediocre? A 4/5 on a good team and 3/4 on a bad team?

He has pitched well, and on a ML minimum salary. Has 2.6 fWAR shares the past two seasons (1.8 and 0.8 this year), and earned 0.7 during the owner lockout shortened 2020 season for the Sox.

Cease is the only Sox starter outperforming Dunning this season. The Sox had four pitchers out perform Dunning's 2021 season (Rodon, Cease, Lynn and Giolito). 

Johnny Cueto is considered a great pickup at $4.2M, and he has pitched well, though at the same 0.8 fWAR level as Dunning (though with 7 less starts, 20 vs, 13). Lucas and Kopech also have the same 0.8 fWAR this season.

• Like 1

Lineup predictions with Robert back?

1. Anderson SS 2. Vaughn RF 3. Jimenez LF 4. Abreu 1B 5. Moncada 3B 6. Robert DH 7. Grandal C 8. Harrison 2B 9. Engel CF

Whatever it is, hopefully there's a win involved. It's crunch time. Hopefully it's a 3 out of 4 weekend.

1 minute ago, WilliamTell said:

Lineup predictions with Robert back?

1. Anderson SS 2. Vaughn RF 3. Jimenez LF 4. Abreu 1B 5. Moncada 3B 6. Robert DH 7. Grandal C 8. Harrison 2B 9. Engel CF

Whatever it is, hopefully there's a win involved. It's crunch time. Hopefully it's a 3 out of 4 weekend.

With a LHP on the mound tonight, I will go with Anderson SS, AV RF, Eloy LF, Abreu 1B, Robert DH, Moncada 3B, Pollock CF, Harrison 2B, Seby C  

If Yaz is in there, flip Yaz and Harrison in the order.  Pollock has looked surprisingly decent in CF, so I'd stick with that for now.