GT 8/4: Perhaps the laws of physics cease to exist during your windup?

1 minute ago, Tomtom said:

One of the Sox best starting pitchers goes up against someone making his MLB debut and they lose!  How pathetic!

But, did you really expect anything different? I said at the beginning of this thread that the conditions were perfect for a shutout. Almost happened. This team just shows no signs of life.

1 minute ago, caulfield12 said:

5-4 with ten more to go.

AL Central spot should be booted if winner finishes at .500 or below.

.500 will keep you in the race because none of these 3 teams are very good.

13 minutes ago, RibbieRubarb said:

What would Madrigal have provided this team? He hasn’t played a full season…ever.

Madrigal is like a lot of White Sox ... he gets hurt a lot. I think he may be a bust, too.

3 minutes ago, ScooterMcGuire said:

But, did you really expect anything different? I said at the beginning of this thread that the conditions were perfect for a shutout. Almost happened. This team just shows no signs of life.

Those last three outs were certainly grotesque. Kind of sad really. Hitters had no chance and seemed deflated (I know, unprovable subjective opinion by an angry fan here). Hitting coach must be proud of those at bats (sarcasm). 

Just now, wegner said:

Somebody here said splitting the series in Texas would be ok....they going to be able to do that?  Way to waste Cueto's effort boys.

I thought they would split. Cease going tomorrow and Kopech on Saturday are games they should win. 

1 minute ago, chw42 said:

This Rangers pitching staff gave up 21 runs to the Orioles in the previous 3 games. We're honestly not better than the fucking Orioles and it's so disappointing. 

The Orioles looked tons better than the Sox at the game I went to.  The O's play great OF defense....we don't.

• Thanks 1

Just now, maloney.adam said:

Great job Hahn! You fucked up the trade deadline by not getting an actual RF. What we’re you thinking? 

That he was going to look like a dumbass regardless so better to just punt and hope teams in front completely implode during stretch drive.

Missed opportunity with both Guardians and Twins losing.  Poor game by the Sox other than Cueto.  No homers.  4 misplays by Vaughn in RF.  Grandal an automatic out. TA 0-5 with 3 Ks leading off.  The usual groundball city offense.  No sense of urgency. No runners in motion.  No clutch hitting.  And so on and so on.