Promotions That Work

Texsox

What promotions have gotten you to attend a specific game? For me at Sox games I'm usually clueless that a promotion is going on until I get to the game. 

For the San Antonio Missions pricing promos get me in the door. 

• Like 1

I was personally a sucker for Christmas in July but they seem to have stopped doing that.  Brooks??  I got a miracle on 35th street shirt from one of those dates a few years ago and it is my gaudy go to shirt for Christmas mornings, haha.

I like the Opening Day Schedule Magnets, Tee-Shirt Thursdays during the rebuild & Halfway to Saint Patrick's Day.

The only Promo I bought a special ticket for was the White Sox Grateful Dead Hat Game I believe in July 2019.

The promo I have no interest in are the Fireworks night, have enough of that shit all year in my neighborhood. Don't stay for it, though I like the Exploding Scoreboard Home Run Fireworks.

Edited by South Side Hit Men
  • Like 1

50 minutes ago, CentralChamps21 said:

I generally don't pick which games I go to because of promotions, but a "first 15,000 fans get to punch TLR" would get me there for sure.

Dunk (not Drunk) Tank with shots at entire coaching staff.

Plus, as an added bonus, Hahn $50 for one throw, KW $100 and JR make it $1000 for Sox charities.

11 minutes ago, KrankinSox said:

Elvis Night >>>>

Obvious tie-in opportunities with movie out this year.

They have done Elvis nights before … at least pretty sure.

Bobbleheads and Bark at the Park and discounted beer like Two for Tuesday and Thirsty Thursdays.

A-lot of teams did Top Gun/military or US Navy inspired hats.

Edited by caulfield12

Its gotta be bobbleheads. All the other items are generally poor quality mass produced crap (Jerseys, hats, shirts)

EDIT: Oh man, $1 Hotdog night, cant forget that one

Edited by T R U
  • Like 1

For me it's price.  My family along with my son's girlfriend's family go to one game a year and make a day out of it.  We always go on a Sunday because of the price difference.  We do the club level, so the price difference is pretty dramatic vs. going on a Saturday.

I've gone to some other games and received shirts, bobbleheads, and water bottles, but none of those promotions made me buy tickets for those particular games.  It was just luck.

That being said, though, I almost bought a ticket for the April 30 game just to get the hockey jersey.