Dinelson Lamet & Pedro Severino are available. Think the Sox have interest?

Boopa1219

This is where I wish they'd have a serious discussion on shutting down grandal. Is Severino/Sheets better than Grandal Sheets? Right now definitely. 2021 Grandal? No way. But what are we really looking at next two months.

I noted interest in Lamet in another thread. At the Major League Minimum Salary, Lamet may be a nice reclamation project for 2023 as well.

Pedro is just returning from an 80 game suspension. Wonder if the Brewers will try to get him back after Omar Narvaez suffered a left quad strain the day after they DFA'd Pedro.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Joshua Strong said:

The Brewers just DFA’d these guys. They’re on waivers right now. I think both of these guys would be great depth additions for the Sox ML team. 

Dinelson Lamet gets traded from the Padres along with 4 others for Josh Hader on Aug 1. On Aug 3, having never wearing the Brewers uniform, Lamet is DFA'd. Maybe because with the Padres he had 13 appearances, 12.1 IP,  16 Hits, 13 ER's, 9 BB's, ERA 9.49, WHIP 2.03.

Severino is a lifetime mediocre back-up catcher who is not better than Seby and obviously not replacing Grandal, due to the stupid 18 million contract Sox are stuck with until 2023.

There is a reason they were DFA'd! 

If Lamet could be optioned he'd be interesting, but the reason the Brewers DFA'd him is that he had just crossed the 5 year service threshold literally a few days before the deadline.  Sounds like perhaps the Brewers were not aware of that, though they'd never truly admit that.