Singles do not equal Runs

CentralChamps21

4 hours ago, Chicago White Sox said:

After the botched deadline, Hahn acknowledged the lack of power was our biggest problem and word for word said “ball go far, team go far”.  Meanwhile, he’s done absolutely NOTHING to address this issue and has maintained the hitting coach who famously said “fuck the HR”.  It takes a special level of incompetence to know what your main issue and refuse to do anything to address it.

The most frustrating thing is that it's not like Hahn went out and assembled a team full of singles hitters. TA was a consistent 15-20 homer guy, Yoan hit 25 in 2019, Eloy hit 31 as a rookie, Jose has hit 30+ five times, Yaz had been a consistent 20-30 HR guy.

They have all the power they need, they just need to figure out how to get it back. It's very unlikely that they all just happened to lose power at the same time. Much more logical explanation is that some combination of physical fitness and coaching has absolutely crushed this team's collective power.

17 hours ago, caulfield12 said:

How many times have the Sox had a winning record from 1991-2021 while NOT in the Top 1-20 spots for homers?

Probably very few times THAT even happened across a stretch of thirty years…even in the last decade when rebuilding.

I don't know the number of times and I'm sure you're right not very often. However the good teams in the league seem to be able to hit home runs and have a winning record.

2022 - W-L and Home Run Rankings

HR's               W-L
1. NYY           1. LAD
2. ATL            2. NYY
3. HOU          3. HOU
4. MIL            4. NYM
5. PHI            5. ATL
6. TOR           6. SD
7. LAD           7. TOR

I don't know, but either our players aren't capable of hitting HR's like the elite teams, or our players are not taught to hit home runs. Either way, it would be logical and prudent, if our FO could figure out this blueprint for this type success and start drafting, signing and developing players accordingly in the future years!

It's obvious its probably our FO being clueless and not finding the right players, as well as the right coaches and managers to train and develop these players at the minor and major league level. Again I can only speculate, but I would imagine if you took Abreu, Robert, Jimenez and Vaughn and put them on these other successful home run hitting teams, they would have more home runs. 

Once again, thank you Jerry, Rick and Tony! You made this rebuild so exciting and successful during these last six years for all us loyal die-hard Sox fans!

Edited by The Kids Can Play