8/5 - Two steppin' in TX - Cease v Otto Game Thread - 7:05

he gone.

'Hey Dylan , no pressure but...we (yet again) kinda need this game buddy..could you try and hold em to 1 run please...or better yet , shut em  out would ya ?..I don't know if we can score 2 runs again..but we might be able to pull it together and scrounge up 1 run...no pressure tho '..

• Thanks 1
  • TLR 1

1 hour ago, ShoeLessRob said:

You can’t honestly believe this team even if they somehow limp into the playoffs have any chance. They are not good and quite frankly extremely unlikeable. 

I have zero expectation that they make any noise if they get into the playoffs.  But the post season is still within reach in August and let's face it, making the playoffs is still a monumental achievement for this franchise.  I want them to get there now even if I've wanted it all to crash & burn in utter chaos for a solid chunk of this summer.  It is still possible to root for success in full awareness of the many organizational failings and roster shortcomings while also having enough emotional detachment to not let them make you miserable when they utterly embarrass themselves.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Tnetennba said:

I have zero expectation that they make any noise if they get into the playoffs.  But the post season is still within reach in August and let's face it, making the playoffs is still a monumental achievement for this franchise.  I want them to get there now even if I've wanted it all to crash & burn in utter chaos for a solid chunk of this summer.  It is still possible to root for success in full awareness of the many organizational failings and roster shortcomings while also having enough emotional detachment to not let them make you miserable when they utterly embarrass themselves.

Good post. I haven’t been able to master that last part, but I’m working on it. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, whitesoxwin said:

While I definitely agree that the White Sox aren't very good, if they do get to the playoffs anything can happen as we all know. Only 2 games out as bad as this season has been for them gives hope that better days are ahead. I'm not throwing in the towel yet even though each loss sure makes it harder to stay positive.

Well yes, they could wind up pulling a 2006 Cardinals, a season which always made me chuckle and think "what the **** was that?".

Better than no championship at all though I guess.

23 minutes ago, Tnetennba said:

Post of the week!!!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, fathom said:

Why in the hell is Grandal at DH?  Vaughn back in RF is a joke.

Tony said Vaughn did a heck of a job fielding last night, because he let balls drop, but kept the balls in front of him.

This is something you would note about a 6 year old playing T-Ball, not a professional ballplayer.

• Haha 1
  • TLR 1

16 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

Tony said Vaughn did a heck of a job fielding last night, because he let balls drop, but kept the balls in front of him.

This is something you would note about a 6 year old playing T-Ball, not a professional ballplayer.

TLR is a fucking delusional moron. Period.

• TLR 1

Kind of wish sheets was DHing  instead of Grandal, but on the other hand, if this team is going to reach anywhere close to its potential, Grandal simply hast to get going and become some semblance of his former self. And I don’t think that will happen with him sitting on the bench.

Soxtalk posters:

"Eloy is a DH. TLR is an idiot for putting him in the field. He's gonna hurt himself"

"Grandal is an embarrassment behind the plate. The guy is a DH at this point in his career."

"Vaughn can't play the OF. TLR is a total moron for playing this guy in the OF"

"Vaughn needs to be in the lineup everyday. TLR is an idiot for benching him"

"Sheets can't play the OF. We're putting a DH in RF. Ridiculous."

No matter who Tony puts out there, someone will be out of position. This is a roster construction issue, not a managerial issue. Piss on Tony all you want but he has 5 DHs on the team. He can't make everyone happy.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Fire 1

6 minutes ago, KrankinSox said:

Soxtalk posters:

"Eloy is a DH. TLR is an idiot for putting him in the field. He's gonna hurt himself"

"Grandal is an embarrassment behind the plate. The guy is a DH at this point in his career."

No matter who Tony puts out there, someone will be out of position. This is a roster construction issue, not a managerial issue. Piss on Tony all you want but he has 5 DHs on the team. He can't make everyone happy.

Yea, there's a lot of things TLR sucks at but this roster is 100% on Hahn. We all knew it was coming and they did nothing to address it at any point in the last 12 months.

Edited by chitownsportsfan
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

Yea, there's a lot of things TLR sucks at but this roster is 100% on Hahn. We all knew it was coming and they did nothing to address it at any point in the last 12 months.

There should have been 2 targets at the trade deadline....JD Martinez and Nelson Cruz....can you imagine the lineup if we had them??

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, KrankinSox said:

Soxtalk posters:

Now do the bullpen.

• Love 1

27 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

I believe most here believe Hahn should have acquired a starting RF over the past three seasons. But given what they have, and the health and performance of everyone:

1. Grandal should catch or sit or hit the IL. He should not DH. If he regains his health, he should catch more games.
  2. Vaughn should DH, with perhaps 1 weekly home start in LF to give Eloy a rest & at 1B (at any park) to give Abreu rest.
  3. Eloy, Robert and either Engel/Pollock/Leury left to right on your screen, should be your OF the rest of the season, based on the shitty Hahn options.
  4. Send Sheets down and bring up / claim someone who can actually play RF/CF, or Burger to spell Moncada who could perhaps use rest to clear his head and perhaps get him back on track. As long as Vaughn is on the active roster, Sheets should not be on the active roster.

Edited by South Side Hit Men
  • Like 1