8/5 - Two steppin' in TX - Cease v Otto Game Thread - 7:05

he gone.

1 hour ago, hi8is said:

We need:

1.) The Blue Jays to ball out

2.) For Cease to go 6 or preferably 7 without giving up anymore runs

3.) For Vaughn, Robert, Abreu, and Eloy to score more runs since no one else can fucking hit

4.) For the bullpen to close it out

5.) Basically hell needs to freeze over before this team goes anywhere

Well three out of five… almost until right now.

• Like 2

Just now, caulfield12 said:

Pretty good when you can win that one without Buxton.

Well tied with Guardians.

Four more tough games for Twins...Dodgers probably will go 0-2 somehow.

Him needing so many off days, not being able to regularly play CF, etc is one of the things helping the Sox stay in this race.

3 minutes ago, maxjusttyped said:

Him needing so many off days, not being able to regularly play CF, etc is one of the things helping the Sox stay in this race.

Yep even then guys like Piranha Cave and especially Gordon and Celestino are gaining invaluable experience.

And nowhere for Sano to play.  He was Grandal/Moncada levels of bad early season.

Edited by caulfield12

7 minutes ago, maxjusttyped said:

Jays implosion is almost complete.

Jays bad defense gave this game away. Vlad drops a throw to first.  The 3 rd baseman threw the ball home  on the dirt and the winning run scored for the Twins.  A good throw would have had the run at the plate.

1 minute ago, hankchifan said:

Jays bad defense gave this game away. Vlad drops a throw to first.  The 3 rd baseman threw the ball home  on the dirt and the winning run scored for the Twins.  A good throw would have had the run at the plate.

Chapman could literally do no wrong against us and he pulls that against the Twins...

2 minutes ago, hankchifan said:

Chapman is supposed to be a Gold Glover.  Paid like one.

40 minutes ago, Harry Chappas said:

I hate this team with a passion.  I wish I didn't.  Anderson and Moncada 0-8 with 6 Ks. 

I find no joy in watching them and it really sucks. 

The pitching is awesome.  They really should have won 12 in a row instead are 8-4. 

Ugh.....why am I so angry. 

Because this team was supposed to be better. I don’t hate this team but it has been a tough watch so far this year. 

Even wins like tonight make ‘winning ugly’ actually look, um, well, pretty.