Jump to content
he gone.

8/5 - Two steppin' in TX - Cease v Otto Game Thread - 7:05

Recommended Posts

47 minutes ago, wegner said:

With this pitching, they could be in 1st place in a week.

With this offense, they could be 5 games back in a week.

This should be adopted as a Buddhist Koan and is the best thing I’ve read on this site in months.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nice win and both Cease and Hendricks did great, but relying on the pitchers keeping the opposition to one run or less is not a recipe for a win streak. Two games against the Rangers has generated 4 runs, the offense really needs to pull its weight consistently and maybe hit a few more homers, but that is too obvious for our hitting coach to realise!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Chimpton said:

Nice win and both Cease and Hendricks did great, but relying on the pitchers keeping the opposition to one run or less is not a recipe for a win streak. Two games against the Rangers has generated 4 runs, the offense really needs to pull its weight consistently and maybe hit a few more homers, but that is too obvious for our hitting coach to realise!

We've been harping about the offense for 4 months now, these guys aren't all of a sudden aren't going to turn into Babe Ruth's and Willie Mays and start hitting 5 home runs a game. We do have 4 guys who are around .300 or better which is one good thing. TA is in a slump and Mighty Moncada is back to the Mendoza line.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, wegner said:

With this pitching, they could be in 1st place in a week.

With this offense, they could be 5 games back in a week.

We can’t forget about the clown shoes defense that readily gives runs away that the meager offense simply can’t compensate for. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, The Mighty Mite said:

We've been harping about the offense for 4 months now, these guys aren't all of a sudden aren't going to turn into Babe Ruth's and Willie Mays and start hitting 5 home runs a game. We do have 4 guys who are around .300 or better which is one good thing. TA is in a slump and Mighty Moncada is back to the Mendoza line.

 

Maybe we should not rely just on past accomplishments, and those who are not hitting like Moncada should be grabbing some bench or hitting not higher than 8th.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, wegner said:

With this pitching, they could be in 1st place in a week.

With this offense, they could be 5 games back in a week.

We have the best pitching in the Central, and this is the reason that we are contending , despite the bad defense,inconsistent hitting, lack of speed and terrible manager, coaching and FO.  It was very frustrating that we couldn’t get a good lefty outfielder at the trade deadline, who could have put us over the hump.

  • Hawk 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×