Smoking brisket and baseballs - Kopech v. the ghost of Adam Eaton and Lance Lynn (Dane Dunning) 6:05pm

he gone.

TA has been hot 🔥 garbage lately. I proposed this in the game thread last night.....

He should start his suspension on Sunday, off day Monday, and DH in KC on Tuesday.

This way he gets 3 days to get himself together for stretch run

11 minutes ago, 2Deep said:

TA has been hot 🔥 garbage lately. I proposed this in the game thread last night.....

He should start his suspension on Sunday, off day Monday, and DH in KC on Tuesday.

This way he gets 3 days to get himself together for stretch run

Its a 3 game suspension the offday doesn’t count.

3 hours ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Let’s try to score more than two runs today.  And maybe, just maybe we get one of those home run things.

A radical idea that I am sure our ultra intelligent manager will veto.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ron883 said:

Fuck, I need to get a new smoker 

I gave away my big wood smoker and picked up a Weber Smokey Mountain. I've been mostly happy with it. Charcoal using the minions method with some post oak.  My brisket is almost as good as twelve hours of watching a wood fire and I can't tell the difference with pulled pork or chicken. 

2 hours ago, ChiSox59 said:

Yep. I thought his stuff looked pretty good last start. He hit 98 a few times. Slider looked lively. Hopefully a step in the right direction. 

His velocity was great but slider was total garbage last game

55 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

Its a 3 game suspension the offday doesn’t count.

Understood. I just think he could use the 3 days to get his head straight.

OR take the suspension on Tuesday and Wednesday......that would cover 3 games

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, KrankinSox said:

Not a great OF, but a HOF Gold Glover compared to Sheets and Vaughn.

He’s only 26 and has been good except for this season. Wonder if something weird happened for them to just dump him like that.

If the Sox were trying to win this season, they’d pick him up and option Sheets.

24 minutes ago, fathom said:

His velocity was great but slider was total garbage last game

His slider has very little horizontal movement this year. In the last game he was getting on average just 3 inches of horizontal break on it. I'm not sure you can even call it a slider when it moves that little horizontally. It's honestly more of a cutter. 

He had way better movement on his slider last year. They might have tried tinkering with his slider this year cause they were suspicious that he was tipping the pitch. And it looks like he was. There was a 2 inch difference between his average slider release point vs. fastball release point. Most guys on the Sox have about a 1 inch difference between their release points for different pitches, some even less. Liam has almost no difference between his slider and fastball release point, which is probably how he gets so many guys to swing at his sliders way out of the zone. 

The problem with the tinkering is that there is still about the same difference in release point as last year, but now the shape of the pitch is worse.

It's crazy to me that Katz has gotten Cease to throw what is probably the best slider in the Majors this year, but Kopech's slider has heavily regressed. 

Edited by chw42
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, 2Deep said:

I don’t hate it… of course, I’d love seeing Harrison at second since I hate Legend.

Just tell Grandal to walk as much as he can and to keep that double thing up he hit yesterday.

Also wouldn’t mind moving Moncada and sheets spots.

Just now, 2Deep said:

They really ought to give Tony a breathalyzer before he is allowed to create a lineup.

Grandal second? So by the off chance he reaches, he can just clog up the bases. He has a pitcheresque 6 runs total this season, and scored his first run last night since May 26.

• Like 1
  • TLR 2

Just now, BigHurt3515 said:

Yes, lets put the guy that is 1 for his last 22 in the 2nd spot in the lineup

Whether we like it or not.....if the Sox are going to win the division then geandal has to start hitting.....why not now

• Fire 1

40 minutes ago, Paulie4Pres said:

Grandal second... lol Even if he gets on base....he can't fucking run.

If they hit a home run he could walk the bases, then again if they could hit a home run we wouldn't be where we are in the division!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, Paulie4Pres said:

Grandal second... lol Even if he gets on base....he can't fucking run.

TLR has a gut feeling that both Grandal and Moncada are about to break out and start hitting. 

He also has a gut feeling that Grandal is going to grow wings before the game so when he gets on base 4 times tonight he will be able to score easily on a double by Eloy.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, South Side Hit Men said:

If the Sox weren’t tanking this season and you want to rest Robert, the lineup should be:

• SS Anderson
  • 3B Moncada #
  • LF Jimenez
  • 1B Abreu
  • DH Sheets ^
  • CF Pollock
  • C Grandal #
  • 2B Garcia
  • RF Engel

How come when I look at that lineup it tells me they are tanking the season?

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, brijames1957 said:

How come when I look at that lineup it tells me they are tanking the season?

It's not a good lineup, but at least you have a decent outfield (swapping out the worst corners possible in Vaughn and Sheets).

What they should do for the remaining two months to maximize offense / defense is:

SS Anderson CF Robert LF Eloy 1B Abreu 3B Moncada # DH Vaughn RF Pollock  C Grandal #  2B Harrison

Reserves: 3B Burger; OF Engel ,2B/SS Leury C Zavala

Option to Charlotte: DH Sheets

Edited by South Side Hit Men