Smoking brisket and baseballs - Kopech v. the ghost of Adam Eaton and Lance Lynn (Dane Dunning) 6:05pm

he gone.

2 minutes ago, fathom said:

They have to reshape the roster though.  Time to get more athletic and a few lefty hitters.  Vaughn absolutely should be dealt, and I know he’s a lefty, but I would be surprised if Yoan is back next year. 

I always thought they should deal one of Jimenez, Vaughn or Sheets…and maybe Moncada. They needed to deal one of those guys to bring in some different talent if they aren’t going to sign anyone.

1 minute ago, Balta1701 said:

With guys like Yoan, there’s no good that happens by moving him. Either he gets better with a different coaching staff next year, or he gets closer to done with his contract. No one is giving anything of value with his current performance.

It would be about unloading his deal and just moving on from him

Just now, The Beast said:

I always thought they should deal one of Jimenez, Vaughn or Sheets…and maybe Moncada. They needed to deal one of those guys to bring in some different talent if they aren’t going to sign anyone.

Vaughn and Eloy aren’t the problem imo. But yes Sheets and Yoan are part of the problem 

3 minutes ago, fathom said:

They have to reshape the roster though.  Time to get more athletic and a few lefty hitters.  Vaughn absolutely should be dealt, and I know he’s a lefty, but I would be surprised if Yoan is back next year. 

I agree a reshape has to happen. The only way this works tho is if you get an entire new coaching staff in and Get players in that want to play baseball and win. 

1 minute ago, The Beast said:

Stoney said on the radio yesterday Eloy doesn’t want to DH

1 minute ago, fathom said:

Well Eloy can fuck off. He’s under contract and his injury history suggests he shouldn’t play in the field.

2 minutes ago, NCsoxfan said:

Vaughn and Eloy aren’t the problem imo. But yes Sheets and Yoan are part of the problem 

They aren’t part of the problem but they have value, the other two do not.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, fathom said:

Yeah Eloy has stated that for 2 years now. Someone with balls needs to sit him aside and say you will be a full time DH and not give the guy an option

• Like 1