Guardians DFA Franmil Reyes, release Bobby Bradley

2Deep

Reyes was so bad in the outfield he was finally shipped out when his offense fell apart…he’s probably comparable to Sheets.  What was his DRS the last time he was playing significant time in the field?  Decent arm, but a statue, pretty much.

Very very streaky hitter.  Like Carlos Lee to the 8th power.

25 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Reyes was so bad in the outfield he was finally shipped out when his offense fell apart…he’s probably comparable to Sheets.  What was his DRS the last time he was playing significant time in the field?  Decent arm, but a statue, pretty much.

Very very streaky hitter.  Like Carlos Lee to the 8th power.

It's not even close, Vaughn / Sheets are far behind Reyes in RF.

Right Field Defensive Career Runs SavedLost Annualized (source Baseball Reference)

• Eaton G 453 +5
  • Mazara G 548 -4
  • Goodwin G 101 -6
  • F. Reyes G 184 -12
  • Castellanos G 586 -13
  • Sheets G 58 - 26 <= Tony's Favorite Option
  • Vaughn G 46 -34 <= Tony's Second Favorite Option
  • Lamb G 10 -35 <= Tony's 2021 Experiment

Welp, I rather only face Franmil four games a year than in many more division games.

Cubs claimed OF Franmil Reyes off waivers from the Guardians.

Reyes boasts an extensive track record of stratospheric over-the-fence raw power, which should play extremely well in hitter-friendly Wrigley Field. He struggled to make contract this season, slashing just .213/.254/.350 with nine homers in 280 plate appearances for the Guardians. The 27-year-old slugger has launched 101 round-trippers over 481 games in the majors since 2018. He has two full seasons of team control remaining and represents a low-risk gamble for the rebuilding Cubs. He was optioned to the minors last week before being designated for assignment by Cleveland.

On 8/6/2022 at 10:42 PM, 2Deep said:

Somebody tell me that Franmil is not better than Gavin sheets???

Please explain that to me

Reyes certainly has had more HR power, but Sheets might be closing that gap.  Difference is not enough to pick up Reyes and do something with Sheets.  There are other factors, too.  Money is one.  Reyes will prob be available next year.

On 8/6/2022 at 9:42 PM, 2Deep said:

Somebody tell me that Franmil is not better than Gavin sheets???

Please explain that to me

He is not better than Sheets, not that Sheets is any good. However Sheets is left handed and Franmil is right handed and strictly a DH! We do not need a right handed DH! 

Plus Sheets' numbers are slightly better too:

Franmil in 2022: 262 AB's, 9 HR's, 104 K's, .213/.254/.350/.603 and right handed DH, which we don't need. 

Sheets in  2022: 238  AB's, 9 HR's,  52K's,   .227/.286/.387/.672 and left handed.

• Like 2