Long Term Contracts

WBWSF

The White Sox have signed some of their players to long term contracts with mixed results.  I can't help but wonder if Hahn is going to try and sign Cease and Vaughn to long term contracts. Also. Cueto is a free agent at the end of the season. Is Hahn going to sign and bring back Cueto?

35 minutes ago, WBWSF said:

The White Sox have signed some of their players to long term contracts with mixed results.  I can't help but wonder if Hahn is going to try and sign Cease and Vaughn to long term contracts. Also. Cueto is a free agent at the end of the season. Is Hahn going to sign and bring back Cueto?

Cease has Boris so that won’t happen and to sign Vaughn you would need to give him the starting first base job. Just my opinion.

I would never sign a pitcher to a long term deal anymore. Starters that go past five are becoming extinct. In 2-3 years there will be two inning limits basically with relievers going the entire game. Four relievers two innings each plus the closer. No pitcher will be worth unlimited millions of dollars. Pitchers are gonna be like second basemen, a dime a dozen. Just my take.

Also pitchers are gonna continue to get hurt, which is part of the reason they'll all be two-inning wonders. Good luck to hitters facing those fresh arms coming at em with guns blazing (fastballs to go with the out pitch in the dirt) the entire game.

As far as everyday hitters, a GM has rocks for brains if ever giving out a deal that spans more than 3 seasons. Signing a guy for 8-10 years is just stupid in this day and age.

Edited by greg775