8/7 GT: Sox @ Rangers - Giolito vs. Howard (135pmCT)

ChiSox59

Just now, maxjusttyped said:

Vaughn's going to handle 1B fine once he's playing there every day. He isn't a DH.

Not that I'm comparing their abilities or potential but Frank Thomas played a decent 1st base but DH worked out well for him. 

7 minutes ago, Texsox said:

Nope. It's Tony filling out the lineup. Leury will sit for the next couple games. 

I feel like Fan Duel (or Draft Kings or whoever the gambling sponsor is) needs to show THOSE odds on the screen.

That would be way more enticing to me.

• Like 1

Just now, fathom said:

I recall Frank being beyond bad at first, especially his throwing 

I'm thinking when he first came up. Once he stopped playing every day it went down hill quickly. But that was a long time ago.

Just now, Tnetennba said:

They are a frustrating group of talent for sure. 

Seems like they're a slightly better version of the Sox. Very talented, somewhat underachieving, and lots of stupid plays. 

Just now, fathom said:

I recall Frank being beyond bad at first, especially his throwing 

Frank couldn’t throw worth a damn.  He wasn’t so brutal fielding but you never quite knew where it was going out of his hand.  AV needs some refinement at 1st but it’s far too soon to declare him a DH. 

1 minute ago, Tnetennba said:

Frank couldn’t throw worth a damn.  He wasn’t so brutal fielding but you never quite knew where it was going out of his hand.  AV needs some refinement at 1st but it’s far too soon to declare him a DH. 

Let's not forget we've had him learning and playing outfield the last 2 years.