8/7 GT: Sox @ Rangers - Giolito vs. Howard (135pmCT)

ChiSox59

32 minutes ago, Timmy U said:

If Burger was a better hitter, you might consider it, but he is poor defensively and only hits lefties.  I guess you could try Sosa at 3rd.  He’s a good defender over there, but they owe Moncada like $50 million. It would be wise to try and fix him.

Moncada is still valuable for his glove. Keep him low in the order and take some pressure off. No one seems to know what is going on. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, chw42 said:

Wow they called Merrifield safe cause Sanchez blocked the plate.

Twins are saying Whit deliberately slid into the catcher Sanchez. Close call. 

34 minutes ago, Tnetennba said:

I’m still holding out hope, but damn is it hard to watch.  I’d have more faith in a healthy org helping him find his previous form.  Unfortunately, he plays for the Chicago White Sox. 

I agree. But in fairness to our staff, when someone is that lost, it seems that a change in coach always seems to help. Likewise a constant change isn't healthy. 

William S. Burroughs once said about attorneys that you are just buying their luck. I think position coaches fall into that category. Do we judge Katz by Giolito or Cease? Maybe they have little influence on guys who have been playing for a decade or more and it's just random chance when guys get hot. 

8 minutes ago, hankchifan said:

Right on.  While they decide what to do with Moncada, hit him in the 8 th spot.

He's so bad right now they could let the pitcher hit and DH for him.