8/9 Game 1 GT: Sox at Royals - Lynn vs. TBD (Tue 310CT)

ChiSox59

3 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

What are these reckoning rumors you speak of?

In Hahn’s presser at the deadline he talked about accountability and I think someone heard there could be a reckoning…

But I’m pretty sure that was an Orlando account.

Just now, fathom said:

Hahn said there could be one if they missed the postseason.  Another writer then used similar terminology.  I do think Tony is done after this year for sure if they don’t make it.

If you promised me the Sox would fire most of the coaching staff  - definitely including TLR and Menechino - if they missed the playoffs, I might make that trade.  But I definitely don't think anything is for sure with the Sox.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, fathom said:

Hahn said there could be one if they missed the postseason.  Another writer then used similar terminology.  I do think Tony is done after this year for sure if they don’t make it.

I hope they miss the postseason. The whole coaching staff except for Katz needs to go.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Texsox said:

Yet so many posters here think they should win this division. Crazy huh? 

There is still a good chance 78-80 wins takes the Division at this point.

Coming into the season, I thought the Sox would likely win about 85. Now it looks to be 75-76 wins with Tim out until the Autumn Equinox. His absence alone will cost the team 2-3 + wins with the lack of options.

Didi Gregorious is cooked, but maybe Jerry will give Hahn $200K to cover the minimum after his DFA is final. He is terrible, but still a major upgrade over everyday Leury. And Tony is not playing Sosa regularly unless Leury hits the IL or Sosa goes 14-27 over the next two-three weeks.

1 minute ago, maloney.adam said:

Menechino teaches these players that the correct way is to hit groundballs. No extra base hits or homeruns, that’s against his philosophy.

Did he not watch any baseball in Chicago from 2000-2012...especially during the summertime?

The KW philosophy was pounding away with offense so fans could go home happy even with a 9-7 loss after having watched their team score some runs at least.

Otherwise might as well go back to the old Comiskey Park dimensions.

Just now, ChiSox59 said:

If you promised me the Sox would fire most of the coaching staff  - definitely including TLR and Menechino - if they missed the playoffs, I might make that trade.  But I definitely don't think anything is for sure with the Sox.

They are going to double down on what they have.  If they fire Hahn, expect TLR to get that power plus his managerial duties.  

8 minutes ago, Texsox said:

Yet so many posters here think they should win this division. Crazy huh? 

It really sucks to watch a team you expected to be a real contender become a .500 ballclub that does nothing very well. 

The whole thing died the day they announced TLR as the manager. I will always believe that. 

• TLR 2