Article: Colon Would Provide Sox with Final Pie

Chisoxfn

Also, I'd like to really quickly tell welcome John aboard as a writer. That was a nice commentary you wrote, and I couldn't agree more.

I love the idea of Colon of course, I always love the idea of getting a real good pitcher, the key is how much will it cost.

Does it say "Article: Colon Would Provide Sox with Final Pie" on anyone else's computer? If so I want to know more about this pie!

On mine, it says Article: Colon Would Provide Sox with Final Piece.

Only in Iowa does it say "Pie."

We get the piece, you get the pie.

More wholesome for you that way.

Does it say "Article: Colon Would Provide Sox with Final Pie" on anyone else's computer? If so I want to know more about this pie!

On mine, it says Article: Colon Would Provide Sox with Final Piece.

Only in Iowa does it say "Pie."

We get the piece, you get the pie.

More wholesome for you that way.

I wonder if it's a Netscape problem then. It's cutting off the titles.

Peter Gammons of ESPN reported today (1-6) that the White Sox are in the running for Vasquez first, Colon second.  Don't be surprised.

Excellent...I'd like to pick up one of those two. Part of me says, just maybe, the Sox are holding out for one of them. Why I think this, who knows.

Guest hotsoxchick1

jas i hope your not holding your breath waiting on signing one of these guys..... or is that why the boards have a nice blue hue to them??? lol.....

jas i hope your not holding your breath waiting on signing one of these guys..... or is that why the boards have a nice blue hue to them??? lol.....

Lol, right now I got the mindset that we won't sign anyone but a guy for the leauge minimum and I will stick with it until something else is done.

I also think we can compete in our crappy division with the current pitching staff, but we could also royally suck.

Guest hotsoxchick1

im somewhere stuck in the middle of that... i dont think we will totaly suck this year but i dont think that theres going to be anything spectacular either.......it sucks too cause usually i am so pumped up for soxfest which leads to catchers and pitchers reporting which leads to spring training getting into full swing and that leads to the season starting.... all i want to do now is just make it through another day without kw doing something stupid.....pretty sad huh......against my better judgement i let my brother talk me into renewing our season tickets this year... (i had fully talked myself into not doing it)........this is the first season i honestly have many regrets on renewing......to think i could be sitting ocean side right about now with my cabana boy bringing me drinks and rubbing oil all over me in a nice tropical paradise.......but no... im headed into spring training and then opening day with the only hope of being able to finish the season at around the .500 mark...........dang i need a drink........

im somewhere stuck in the middle of that... i dont think we will totaly suck this year but i dont think that theres going to be anything spectacular either.......it sucks too cause usually i am so pumped up for soxfest which leads to catchers and pitchers reporting which leads to spring training getting into full swing and that leads to the season starting.... all i want to do now is just make it through another day without kw doing something stupid.....pretty sad huh......against my better judgement i let my brother talk me into renewing our season tickets this year... (i had fully talked myself into not doing it)........this is the first season i honestly have many regrets on renewing......to think i could be sitting ocean side right about now with my cabana boy bringing me drinks and rubbing oil all over me in a nice tropical paradise.......but no... im headed into spring training and then opening day with the only hope of being able to finish the season at around the .500 mark...........dang i need a drink........

Lol, if the season stinks, then you better be ready to dream about being on a tropical island.

I got a good feeling about this year, whether we get another pitcher or not. Wright and Garland will each compete for something like 15 wins a piece, and I think Rauch will do real well, and Biddle could be a big surprise, or he could really suck.

I think that Rauch, Wright, Garland, and Buerhle will all be good. Wright, Garland and Buerhle will provide a ton of innings (Barring injury...Knock on Wood)

And our pen, well I continue to say it rocks, although part of me misses Foulke, I loved that guy as a closer.

Hopefully for all the other players KW didnt care to get, he can give us Vazquez or Colon. I think all the SOX fans have been patient enough and disappointed too much bcoz our mgt has not been active this off season. So hopefully, we get something bcoz we can really compete this coming season if we get a GOOD Pitcher/s. I just read from MLB.COM, where they rate teams from 0-10 on who can compete for the World Series. The SOX is at 4/10 points bcoz "the sox had remarkably been quiet" during the offseason. Just to add insult to injury, the Twins is at 8/10 points and the Cubs at 6/10 points.

I just look at the stats of Vazquez and he is pretty good with double wins for 3 years out of 5 years in the big league. He also had good ERA so I think he can really be a good help for the following reasons: he is young and could come a lot cheaper than Colon.