BA's Updated Top 30 - White Sox

DirtySox

Baseball America has updated the Top 30s with the 2022 draft class. Here's the top 20 for the White Sox.

1.) Colson Montgomery

2.) Oscar Colas

3.) Bryan Ramos

4.) Norge Vera

5.) Jose Rodriguez

6.) Sean Burke

7.) Peyton Pallette

8.) Jonathan Cannon

9.) Noah Schultz

10.) Yoelqui Cespedes

11.) Lenyn Sosa

12.) Romy Gonzalez

13.) Yolbert Sanchez

14.) Jimmy Lambert

15.) Davis Martin

16.) Cristian Mena.

17.) Jason Bilous

18.) Matt Thompson

19.) Jared Kelley

20.) Kohl Simas

https://www.baseballamerica.com/teams/1026/chicago-white-sox/organizational/

Edited by DirtySox
  • Like 1

I’m a little surprised, this is the big update? Seems like the draftees just pushed in. BA updates monthly now, though, so I’m not that hung up on it.

Also just pretty sure Sosa is legit, albeit needing some patience, so don’t care too much. We know a lot about the kid.

Interesting of the recent draftees, our first rounder is below our second and third picks.  I guess it is because of the risk of high school pitchers but considering Pallette is recovering from TJ and Cannon's ceiling is supposedly mid rotation, I am a bit surprised.  Disappointed the high school arms have fallen so much though Thompson and Kelley doing better of late.

56 minutes ago, BamaDoc said:

Interesting of the recent draftees, our first rounder is below our second and third picks.  I guess it is because of the risk of high school pitchers but considering Pallette is recovering from TJ and Cannon's ceiling is supposedly mid rotation, I am a bit surprised.  Disappointed the high school arms have fallen so much though Thompson and Kelley doing better of late.

In this case it also has to include the floor of what Pallette and Cannon have already achieved, versus someone like Schultz who needs a lot of things to go right for him to even get to the point where the other two are already, let alone to get to his ceiling.

47 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

In this case it also has to include the floor of what Pallette and Cannon have already achieved, versus someone like Schultz who needs a lot of things to go right for him to even get to the point where the other two are already, let alone to get to his ceiling.

And does anyone feel like he's in the right organization to achieve those results? 

On 8/9/2022 at 6:36 PM, Johno said:

Very disappointing to see Thompson and Kelley so low in the ratings.   It concerns me organization is not doing a good job scouting!!

Thompson isn't a Shirley pick but Kelly, who is, is doing something to ease my concerns as of late but I still think he's been disappointing overall. 

That being said, the minor league pitching development team/system needs to carry its weight. 

On 8/9/2022 at 4:30 PM, DirtySox said:

Baseball America has updated the Top 30s with the 2022 draft class. Here's the top 20 for the White Sox.

https://www.baseballamerica.com/teams/1026/chicago-white-sox/organizational/

I think this is a bad list. Too low on Sosa and Mena. Kath is a top 20 guy for me still too.

On 8/10/2022 at 8:24 AM, BamaDoc said:

He might cut his s/o rate as he moves up. Pitchers who advance are around the plate more than the guys at low A.