8/9 Game Two - Vs. KC Because Why Not

Texsox

6 minutes ago, HahnsKiddieTable said:

I’d put Kopech on the IL with a phantom injury and start Martin for 2-3 starts to give Kopech some down time 

Could theoretically still do that after Kopechs next start and bring Martin right back. I doubt Sox actually do that, but if that was plan, no reason to keep Martin on roster next few days when he won’t be pitching anyway. 

29 minutes ago, GreenSox said:

Still, Martin is better than several of these bums.  And Sosa is better than a lot of them.
They need to start DFAing some non-performing geezers.
LaRussa exacerbates it, but Hahn, Williams, Ozzie all liked the old guys.

Saying what should be said and I thank you for it.  But it takes guts to go with a rookie instead of an overpaid veteran and some of us would be on their butts for doing it.  Although it's tough to DFA big money.

Liam threw four hard hit balls and two wild pitches out of four batters, got a save.  He is one lucky duck.  We all are.  Quack, quack.  I love this game.  BTW, all three of the 7,8,9 guys threw some hard hit balls.  Lopez only had a fastball, but it was a moving one and he hit 100.  He needs some work to get the feel back, coming off the IL.  Do not give up on him.  The offense continues to blow bubbles.  Can they win the next two?  Color me dubious.