8/10 at KC - Cueto vs. Bubic (7:10 start)

Texsox

54 minutes ago, fathom said:

Playing Sheets against a LHP, which hurts the defense, is ridiculous 

My question is where the hell is Engel?

He played one game (Game 2 yesterday) since August 3. If he can't play more than that, he needs to go. If he can but Tony won't play him, Tony needs to go or just send Sheets down already, don't give a rats ass about his 90 OPS + "platoon advantage". And why the hell are all three LHB consecutive other than they suck ass currently and shouldn't be near the top of the lineup?

CF Robert LF Jimenez 1B Abreu DH Vaughn 3B Moncada # 2B Harrison Grandal # RF Engel SS Sosa

Edited by South Side Hit Men

Tony's got Vaughn and Sheets so messed up they may never recover.

Consider Vaughn a natural 1B who only played 52 minor league games before getting called up to to the majors only to find there's no position for him to play so he has to learn how to play the outfield and just for grins lets try him at 3B and 2B.  Vaughn is too slow to play the outfield and get's exposed time and time again.   Tony must have it in his mind that Vaughn is the new up and coming Leury.

The Sox don't develop players, they un-develop them.

Edited by A-Train to 35th
sp
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Fire 1
  • TLR 1

1 hour ago, fathom said:

Playing Sheets against a LHP, which hurts the defense, is ridiculous 

It has to do with Bubic splits against lefties. 

Lefties have an OPS of 1.094 against Bubic, Righties at .698

It's backwards against the norm, but just the way it is. He's been getting torched by lefties .352ba, .460 OBP. Hence, Sheets. 

Now, to me? You DH him 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, he gone. said:

It's backwards against the norm, but just the way it is. He's been getting torched by lefties .352ba, .460 OBP. Hence, Sheets. 

Now, to me? You DH him 

Eloy got a boo-boo last night diving back to first base, and he needs to rest so we'll DH him because we need his bat in the line-up.

Eloy's another IL waiting to happen, since his bat is hot Tony should make him the permanent DH and play Pollock-Robert-Engel. 

54 minutes ago, harkness99 said:

Tony not playing Pollock against left hander.

It's required by natural law that he does at least one dumbfuck thing per line-up

And then playing Vaughn and Sheets in the same outfield...down the line in RF is almost as tough in KC as Boston LA and Wrigley with that wraparound turn near the foul pole.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, he gone. said:

Now, to me? You DH him 

If Tony is able to figure out reverse splits, then how come he plays Leury all the time against RHP?  Mysteries that will forever go unsolved.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Pollock has been awesome against RHP though

I'm just talking about the lineup as a whole.  The way this roster is constructed it's always going to be an offensively weak or defensively flawed lineup no matter who they play.

Edited by South Side Fireworks Man
  • Like 1

Mariners with two amazing wins over Yankees, and thanks to Royals for giving them Carlos Santana.

First season series win for Seattle against NY in two decade.

27 one run wins, very similar to last year.

Looks like it will come down to Rays Balt Toronto Seattle for WC.  But CLE/Min both now 1/2 game back, White Sox 2 back.

Edited by caulfield12

5 minutes ago, CentralChamps21 said:

The message should be that we expect excellent defense and whatever you give us at the plate is a bonus.

That still could be the message that he’s being given.

2 hours ago, Harry Chappas said:

No he he hasn't.  He has hit them rather well .811 OPS

Need to be rested for October. 

He should be leading off and should lead off every game. 

Then I misread the stats.

I did see this.....