8/10 at KC - Cueto vs. Bubic (7:10 start)

Texsox

13 minutes ago, A-Train to 35th said:

Hahn should be on the Managers phone telliing TLR to put in one of his two prized offseason additions.  I watched Moneyball recently and Billy was in his managers face repeatedly for not playing his players.

That was Brad Pitt 

Just now, wegner said:

The rebuilding teams were so much more entertaining than this crap.

It was more fun watching Matt Davidson come in to pitch and throw the hammer.  That is just f#$@ing wrong in so many ways.

For sure, how much does it suck that we used to only care about how well Timmy or Yoan did, only for them (especially Yoan) to turn into frustrating players.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, fathom said:

Lopez and Kelly probably weren’t available tonight 

Still we need relievers capable to pitch two days in a row in a pennant race. This Lambert 8 th inning is an unacceptable nightmare. TLR threw the white surrender flag in a 4-3 game.

Just now, Chicago White Sox said:

I am a Bears fan, but enjoy watching any NFL game whereas have little interest in watching baseball games I don’t have a vested interest in.

Too much showboating in football, can't stand watching grown men dance and put on skits in the endzone after a TD. Or worse a defensive player jumping up and down after a sack when his team is losing by 3 TD's

• Like 1

1 minute ago, hankchifan said:

Still we need relievers capable to pitch two days in a row in a pennant race. This Lambert 8 th inning is an unacceptable nightmare. TLR threw the white surrender flag in a 4-3 game.

Lambert has been everything we could ask him to be. I certainly can’t complain about using him in close games.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, fathom said:

They all suck this year besides Cease, for the most part.  So god damn tired of watching Vaughn play the outfield about as poorly as anyone ever has.

Yeah Vaughn and Sheets aren’t outfielders and that falls directly on management. We keep playing them in the outfield because management doesn’t do anything about it. How about fucking acquiring one. 

Edited by maloney.adam
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, maloney.adam said:

Yeah Vaughn and Sheets aren’t outfielders and that falls on management. We keep playing them in the outfield because management doesn’t do anything about it by acquiring one.

I had an epiphany today watching my son play The Show. Hahn acts like he’s playing a video game where you can put players at secondary positions and just hope they don’t mess up.  Problem is it’s not a video game he’s trying to win with.

• Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, A-Train to 35th said:

It's not worth typing anymore, this game is so TLR.

When they went up 3-1 I thought, okay, maybe they’ll get to the bridge and make it another save for Hendriks. Then things fell apart and they didn’t get a home run. I switched to an episode of Seinfeld. It ended and I saw they were down 8-3. I said, “good move” to myself and went to bed.

This team is so damn predictable it isn’t even funny…and I am the idiot who paid for tickets for next Tuesday night’s game. At least the tickets 17 rows behind the dugout cost $50 on StubHub instead of $78 on whitesox.com.

1 minute ago, flavum said:

I don’t know much about the Charlotte hitting coach, but why not dump Menechino, give Johnson a shot while working with Sosa. Couldn’t hurt.

Exactly.  Any other organization would try something, but unfortunately was to keep trying the same thing and hope for a different result.