8/10 at KC - Cueto vs. Bubic (7:10 start)

Texsox

16 minutes ago, fathom said:

Amazing, yet no one has lost their job yet

Sounds like the team has taken on the life of its shit mgr. No one gets a pass. Kenny can step down and everyone else needs to go…but paddy. Start entirely from scratch. In meantime…jerry just sell the damn franchise if you are going to meddle and stick us with a well past his prime mgr and a secondary budget for baseball personnel. 

• Like 1

The stat about the Sox record when Cease starts versus when he doesn't start goes a long way to explaining the .500 record and the inconsistency.

Without 3 strong  top of rotation starters, it is going to be hard to be consistent, especially with a less than dominant bullpen.

The Sox got blown out tonight but more often than not, the losses  come in games where they get behind early and cannot come back.  IF Gio and Lance lived up tp expectations, this is a different looking team with a winning record. The game changes for everybody when you are  playing from behind.

Edited by tray
  • Like 1
  • TLR 1

7 minutes ago, Chisoxfn said:

Such a shit GM…so fitting for this shit franchise. I am on my last nerve with how embarrassing they are and how pathetic their standards are. My son is already pivoting to the dark side - fairly certain he will end up a Dodger fan and I legit can’t blame them. The total opposite of the Sox.

Good for you, Jas. 

Be a good dad and don’t subject him to this garbage. 

3 minutes ago, tray said:

The stat about the Sox record when Cease starts versus when he doesn't start goes a long way to explaining the .500 record and the inconsistency.

Without 3 strong  top of rotation starters, it is going to be hard to be consistent, especially with a less than dominant bullpen.

The Sox got blown out tonight but more often than not, the losses  come in games where they get behind early and cannot come back.  IF Gio and Lance lived up tp expectations, this is a different looking team with a winning record. The game changes for everybody when you are  playing from behind.

There is a decent chance this team doesn’t have a single hitter reach 20 HR’s.

Gio and Lynn are far from the only issue on this roster. 

• Like 1
  • TLR 1

2 minutes ago, tray said:

HR's are not the only issue with this roster.

I absolutely agree with this, as would anyone who isn't a total idiot. 

Yes, Giolito and Lynn having 2021-type performances would help this team. 

You mentioned the game looks different when you play from behind. Scoring runs can also help not playing from behind. 

I looked it up because I hadn't seen the data on this....the last White Sox team (that played a full season) to not have anyone hit over 20 HR's was.....1990. 

32 fucking years ago. 

2 minutes ago, Tony said:

I absolutely agree with this, as would anyone who isn't a total idiot. 

Yes, Giolito and Lynn having 2021-type performances would help this team. 

You mentioned the game looks different when you play from behind. Scoring runs can also help not playing from behind. 

They just have no margin for error every game because they don’t score a lot of runs. The lack of quick strike, crooked number innings is simply due to lack of power. It feels like only Sheets and Burger have hit multiple 3 run homers this year.  The Sox also seem to never hit homers off late inning relievers.

• Like 1

Boy the Sox stink. Should be a fireable offense just to have a losing record vs. the Royals. All those rookies, was it six of nine in the lineup, beat the Sox Wednesday. Only hope is this sadsack team somehow wins the division and then feels so little pressure it finds itself.

Odds of that are very slim.

1 hour ago, tray said:

They have to score runs, too.

2 hours ago, Tony said:

I looked it up because I hadn't seen the data on this....the last White Sox team (that played a full season) to not have anyone hit over 20 HR's was.....1990. 

32 fucking years ago. 

This hurts even more when you play at the 3 rd easiest park to hit homers , GRF, and we have a losing record there because we get out homered in most games.  Roster was not properly constructed for GRF with many ground ball hitters and not enough consistent home run hitters.

Kc could have a nasty offense in the next couple years if pasquantino, melendez, pratto and witt jr and the outfielder they drafted this year all reach their potential. Their pitching isn't great though expect for 1 or 2 guys. 

Edited by Dominikk85

10 minutes ago, Dominikk85 said:

Kc could have a nasty offense in the next couple years if pasquantino, melendez, pratto and witt jr and the outfielder they drafted this year all reach their potential. Their pitching isn't great though expect for 1 or 2 guys. 

There you have summarized the last thirty years of Royals’ baseball with the exception of 2013-2016…

Edited by caulfield12

4 hours ago, Tony said:

32 fucking years ago. 

But they stole a shit ton of bases and could pitch. They didn't win 95 for shits and giggles

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Chisoxfn said:

Such a shit GM…so fitting for this shit franchise. I am on my last nerve with how embarrassing they are and how pathetic their standards are. My son is already pivoting to the dark side - fairly certain he will end up a Dodger fan and I legit can’t blame them. The total opposite of the Sox.

It's a great franchise with a long history. Lots to players and managers with great character. Classmates and friends who are also fans. Opportunities to attend games. 

Seriously, and not based on this season or the current condition of this club, I'd encourage it. In fact I'll start a Go Fund Me to redecorate his room in Dodger blue and authentic home and away jerseys. 

• Haha 1

My brain hurts from trying to merge the following thoughts I have. I'm not certain that anyone else has these collectively. 

A. My frustration with the front office - please fire Hahn for not gathering enough talent to win this division.

And 

B. This team is underperforming and should easily win a crappy division. 

And 

C. Injuries don't matter, fire the entire coaching staff. 

If A is true then B isn't possibly true and C is partly to blame. 

If B is true then A is false and B  is undecided.

If C is true, then A or B could be true but not both could be true. 

20 minutes ago, Texsox said:

My brain hurts from trying to merge the following thoughts I have. I'm not certain that anyone else has these collectively. 

A. My frustration with the front office - please fire Hahn for not gathering enough talent to win this division.

And 

B. This team is underperforming and should easily win a crappy division. 

And 

C. Injuries don't matter, fire the entire coaching staff. 

If A is true then B isn't possibly true and C is partly to blame. 

If B is true then A is false and B  is undecided.

If C is true, then A or B could be true but not both could be true. 

I was told there would be no math.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Superstar Lamar said:

Royals rookies making rookie mistakes and our veterans don't take advantage.  Their rookies make up for it with youthful enthusiasm.  

See Guardians…with very few veteran exceptions and almost 15 rookies utilized this season.  Or Mariners.  Or Orioles.

CLE made just two trades, giving veterans to the Twins (Leon) and Giants LHR Alex Young) but here they still are with roughly 50 games left to go, in first place again.