Tigers fire Avila

GreatScott82

dmazcomp,
I had the Extreme pleasure of sitting next to Dave Dombrowski at a Salem Red Sox game when he headed up the Sox. Couldn’t have been nicer! Talked baseball with him for 9 innings interrupted only by him posing for pictures with other fans. He had completed the Chris Sale trade and he told that the white Sox really wanted Benintendi in that trade but eventually settled for Yoan Moncada. One of the the best baseball nights of my life!!!

mlbtraderumors.com  Figures Hahn would get that trade wrong twice and NOT get Devers, the one true difference maker.

4 hours ago, caulfield12 said:

dmazcomp,
I had the Extreme pleasure of sitting next to Dave Dombrowski at a Salem Red Sox game when he headed up the Sox. Couldn’t have been nicer! Talked baseball with him for 9 innings interrupted only by him posing for pictures with other fans. He had completed the Chris Sale trade and he told that the white Sox really wanted Benintendi in that trade but eventually settled for Yoan Moncada. One of the the best baseball nights of my life!!!

mlbtraderumors.com  Figures Hahn would get that trade wrong twice and NOT get Devers, the one true difference maker.

Moncada was the MLB number one prospect. This was not some scrub Hahn settled for...

8 minutes ago, RibbieRubarb said:

Moncada was the MLB number one prospect. This was not some scrub Hahn settled for...

Can’t the same be said about all of Avila’s draft choices?

If you are wrong 75% of the time in pretty much any job, you will lose it eventually.

The one obvious mistake besides numerous FA calls was Jobe over Mayer.

In the end, every time Hahn rolls the dice, he loses, doubles down, then makes things even worse somehow.

30 minutes ago, RibbieRubarb said:

He wasn't #1, but Hahn got 2 top 20 prospects.  The trade was light on 2nd tier prospects.
The Reds got 1 top 15 for Castillo who wasn't as good and signed for shorter term; also much stronger in 2nd tier prospects.
Hopefully Kopech develops as a TOR starter
There really hasn't be a long stretch in his tenure where Hahn couldn't have justifiably been fired; almost every year there's been at least 1 major avoidable gaffe.

Edited by GreenSox

2 hours ago, Snopek said:

Looking back at Keuchel’s DFA now, it feels weird that there was that one little blip of accountability.

Would speculate Tony not liking him played a big role as well. Ditto Madrigal, Mercedes and a few other rookies.

If Tony likes you, you're in like Lynn (or Leury, Liam, Lamb, etc.).

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

Would speculate Tony not liking him played a big role as well. Ditto Madrigal, Mercedes and a few other rookies.

If Tony likes you, you're in like Lynn (or Leury, Liam, Lamb, etc.).

I doubt it.  I think it was because the last two starts were particularly brutal, broke up winning streaks, and were the sole reason why the White Sox lost.  Was he a fall guy?  Perhaps.  But I also just think it was the right call to make.