8/11- Chicago White Sox @ Kansas City Royals - 1:10 PM CDT NBCSCH

Just wait "Look were just as disappointed with the way this season has gone as you guys are, but we believe in this team and this staff. We need to get healthy and play better and this is a championship caliber club"

I am prepared for that once the season ends.

24 minutes ago, chw42 said:

This Sox team really is the opposite of the three true outcome team. We don't hit homers, we don't walk, and we don't really strikeout unless it's in a situation where we need to make contact. 

They're starting their own three true outcomes: Single, groundout, warning track flyout #ChangeTheGame

• Haha 1

Just now, T R U said:

Just wait "Look were just as disappointed with the way this season has gone as you guys are, but we believe in this team and this staff. We need to get healthy and play better and this is a championship caliber club"

100% this is how it's going down.  Maybe a few tweaks around the margins but this is gonna be the message.

1 minute ago, fathom said:

Nah you can tell based off their attendance complaints as well as how Stoney treats the fans

That is a good point.  They are annoyed that we are pissed....how dare the fans expect more than .500.  We are just a couple games out of 1st damnit.

• Like 2

Just now, T R U said:

This is my prediction.   They will chalk this up to bad luck and health. " If we are healthy, we are a match for anyone.  Let's get one more spin at the roulette machine next year with Grandpa and his merry band of goofs and let's go for it again. "

• Haha 1

Just now, wegner said:

That is a good point.  They are annoyed that we are pissed....how dare the fans expect more than .500.  We are just a couple games out of 1st damnit.

It's so weird that this team constantly thinks of their fans as ungrateful, yet it's in a city with another baseball team that happens to be more popular. I really don't understand where the arrogance is coming from. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, T R U said:

Which is about half right. But for the third year they go into the off season needing to fill holes at RF, 2nd, and SP. Now possibly LF, C, and 3rd If we didn't think it was a playoff team we wouldn't be disappointed. 

Eloy and Robert's .300 averages have to be some of the most empty in baseball. Only on a Menechino led team would you see guys with 70 grade raw power have an OPS hovering around .800 despite hitting .300. 

• Like 1

Just now, chw42 said:

Eloy and Robert's .300 averages have to be some of the most empty in baseball. Only on a Menechino led team would you see guys with 70 grade raw power have an OPS hovering around .800 despite hitting .300. 

Vaughn's  .290 as well. 

I think what it shows you is that Raw power means nothing and game power is everything. Moncada is exhibit A. 

Edited by Jack Parkman