8/11- Chicago White Sox @ Kansas City Royals - 1:10 PM CDT NBCSCH

One big LOL. In August when the games supposedly matter Sox lose 3 of 4 to KC. I know ... injuries.

At this point the team has had so many injuries I blame that on the team more than luck. Not so sure Sox traning staff is very good.

Just now, greg775 said:

One big LOL. In August when the games supposedly matter Sox lose 3 of 4 to KC. I know ... injuries.

At this point the team has had so many injuries I blame that on the team more than luck. Not so sure Sox traning staff is very good.

They’re pretty damn healthy for this time of the season

1 hour ago, A-Train to 35th said:

Agree, as much as I still like Ozzie for bringing probably the only Sox championship I'll see if my lifetime (I'm 63) the Sox need to go outside and stop hiring former players.  Bochy or Hinch were my choices, while reluctantly choosing HInch because of the scandal he still would have been 1000 x's better than TLR.

The right thing to do woulda been to wait a couple weeks after the postseason disappointment faded and keep Renteria. He definitely would have done better than Tony and at least the team woulda played hard for him. Tony experiment didn't work. Too old a guy. It happens.

• Thanks 4

34 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

Dude that was April come on.  He has been a douche all season but this is the wrong tweet to point that out lol

It was one of many examples of Steve’s predictions of the La Russa era failing miserably, starting with the day of Tony’s hire when Steve tweeted “A Tony La Russa team would never be out managed” and stating Tony would hold his players accountable. 

This 2022 Stone preseason prediction of Tony’s base-running approach is once again completely opposite of what has transpired.

Steve may end up taking potshots at the team and eventually the manager to close out the season. He also did this in his final days with the Cubs. 

He needs to own the fact that he everything he predicted about Tony La Russa era from October 2020 through at least June 2022 have been completely wrong, and in contrast with what the rest of the world has observed since Opening Day 2021.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, RibbieRubarb said:

Its the approach dude...how much more do I have to explain this...

forget it...Look it up. 

I’m confused…I know exactly what you mean about going the opposite way, but it shouldn’t be the main focus. Especially with the ball not being juiced anymore, you aren’t going to get nearly as many opposite field homers as they did in 2020.  I think all of us want them to sacrifice a few opposite field singles for one more homer every other game.

11 minutes ago, fathom said:

They’re pretty damn healthy for this time of the season

I guess. But Eloy and Robert don't always run hard cause they know what will happen if they do. Also Moncada appears to go half speed prolly for the same reason. And Timmy being hurt is a killer, that goes without saying. But I hear u. Your assertion is correct.

Edited by greg775

1 minute ago, fathom said:

I’m confused…I know exactly what you mean about going the opposite way, but it shouldn’t be the main focus. Especially with the ball not being juiced anymore, you aren’t going to get nearly as many opposite field homers as they did in 2020.  I think all of us want them to sacrifice a few opposite field singles for one more homer every other game.

This may help explain...I may not be explaining it well.

• Love 1

3 minutes ago, fathom said:

Normally I'm for the going with the pitch drilling singles. But I do concede not lifting and pulling home runs has hurt this club. Even though the bullpen blows and the starters don't go deep nuff in games, a lift and pull HR offense would probably have been good nuff to get Sox in the playoffs. Division reeks.

9 minutes ago, Texsox said:

@Balta1701 Would you hire someone who just gave his employer an ultimatum of my way or I leave? 

Depends on what they did it for. “If you demote me I will leave” is an extremely solid justification in any business - the owner took away a key authority he needed to do his job effectively. If I were an owner, leaving in response to that would make me more positive about him, not less. Businesses that hire yes men don’t usually succeed.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

Depends on what they did it for. “If you demote me I will leave” is an extremely solid justification in any business - the owner took away a key authority he needed to do his job effectively. If I were an owner, leaving in response to that would make me more positive about him, not less. Businesses that hire yes men don’t usually succeed.

Until he pulls the same thing with you three months in. 

I think we agree that leaving is the correct thing to do. We just disagree how to exit. Threatening to leave if you don't get what you want versus finding another position and just leaving. 

35 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

Like I've said before...what would have done more damage to his reputation around baseball - resigning (or at least interviewing for other jobs) after the owner took away what was supposed to be a fundamental and important power of the GM, or hanging out here for 2 more years while the team completely collapses under the manager he didn't want? 2 years ago I'd have hired him to be my GM if I was the owner of any number of teams. Now that all this has happened, why on Earth would I want this guy anywhere near my organization? 

If ending his baseball career is the worry, if he gets canned to save LaRussa's job this offseason, that will be the exact end result of his toadying. 

Hahn would not have a problem getting a job.  He has a Harvard Law School degree.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Chick Mercedes said:

Most young players are consumed with it. But sending a message to the team by breaking them up with a trade of one (Eloy or Moncada)  would be valuable.

Moncada hands down no questions asked needs to go. I have seen enough of him. Want to try and see a full season of Eloy though 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, fathom said:

3 runs on 14 hits with every single one of the runs coming by the long ball should say enough. Tired of the bullshit singles approach 

• Like 1