8/12 Gamethread: Tigers @ Sox, Norris v. Kopech

KrankinSox

Just now, South Side Hit Men said:

I just want a guy who can catch the baseball in the outfield, and with Robert out, they are down to Engel who Tony won't play.

That's the #1 reason I wanted Gallo, lol. Yes, he's left handed, has power, draws walks, you're buying low etc etc. But first and foremost he's a plus defensive outfielder and this team badly needs guys like that. I'm so sick of watching bad defensive players all over the diamond on this team.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

He’s like 22. The big leagues is hard. Way too early to talk AAAA player BS. 

He had completely non-competitive at-bats against what amounts to a AAA team. I don't expect him to tear it up but he looks AWFUL.

Just now, ChiSox59 said:

Take the W. But tonight still feels like a fat L. 

It took Kopech throwing a no hitter through 6 and using all our best bullpen guys to beat the Tigers on a night where they started a guy with a ERA near 7. That's a win in the standings, but a definite loss to the ego. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, wegner said:

I'd like to thank Cabrera for attending the webinar "how to jog out of the box like the Chicago White Sox" 

Can you imagine if Yoan pulled something like that? This board might actually call for him to be stoned. 

1 minute ago, KrankinSox said:

It took 3 games for Soxtalk to go from "Wtf is Tony doing? Sosa needs to play every day" to "Is Sosa a career AAAA player? He needs to be sent down"

LOL

Some of these Sosa takes are wild. Especially when there is no good alternative to replace him.

• Like 1