Fernando Tatis suspended 80 Games for PEDs

Balta1701

In the end, both franchises are pretty much cursed.

I feel more sorry for all the kids in Chicago and San Diego who wanted to believe in a brighter future, bought jerseys, invested their time in the team, etc.

If anything, this will only be used by the White Sox to validate that one should never give out contracts like that due to the amount of risk involved.

Between the two motorcycle injuries that were covered up and this…it will be interesting to see how much of the remaining deal gets voided when they go to arbitration/mediation. 

Maybe Preller gets fired, but they still have so many players locked in as the Sox do there’s no escaping those boxes for either franchise.

The biggest kick is going to be if Abrams turns into anything resembling a superstar at the same position with the Nationals.

2 minutes ago, South Sider said:

That's a bit surprising. Maybe trying to use them for his injury issues?

Having him and all of his various ailments on the team.. hed actually fit right in. Maybe not with the PEDs though.

Hey if you are cheating you are trying, cant say that for a bunch of Sox hitters

Imo he always was a little suspect because his athleticism got so much better after sox traded him. 

It is not uncommon that young guys get stronger but he also got faster and more explosive which is a rare thing. When he was signed he was seen more as like a solid 50 runner but not a 70 runner, his arm also got a lot stronger. 

Not saying Hahn didn't mess it up and he was a solid prospect but not that huge physical freak. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, ron883 said:

Can somebody perform a wellness check on Caulfield?

Nothing left to do this season but cheer for CLE, SEA and BALT because the Sox aren’t going anywhere.

(Btw, how was that Harry Caray FoD hologram?   And Nick Madrigal had three hits I see…)

But at least the good ‘ol 401k/IRA is going up again, there’s that, I guess.

Edited by caulfield12

11 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

In the end, both franchises are pretty much cursed.

I feel more sorry for all the kids in Chicago and San Diego who wanted to believe in a brighter future, bought jerseys, invested their time in the team, etc.

If anything, this will only be used by the White Sox to validate that one should never give out contracts like that due to the amount of risk involved.

Between the two motorcycle injuries that were covered up and this…it will be interesting to see how much of the remaining deal gets voided when they go to arbitration/mediation. 

Maybe Preller gets fired, but they still have so many players locked in as the Sox do there’s no escaping those boxes for either franchise.

The biggest kick is going to be if Abrams turns into anything resembling a superstar at the same position with the Nationals.

For one I legitimately have no idea what this paragraph has to do with anything, but if I did, I'd still be confused why "all the kids" in Chicago have Tatis jerseys and invested their time in the Padres

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, soxfan49 said:

For one I legitimately have no idea what this paragraph has to do with anything, but if I did, I'd still be confused why "all the kids" in Chicago have Tatis jerseys and invested their time in the Padres

Wow somebody doesn’t believe in the children 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, soxfan49 said:

Obviously I am referring to the so-called White Sox championship window.

Did we already forget about that?

As far as Tatis jersey sales in Chicago, no earthly idea.

San Diego only has one baseball team, and they still have two superstars to market, but tons of disappointment and disillusionment to get over.

As for the White Sox, as Southsider2k5 asserted today, these 2020-26 years were that perhaps last final massive opportunity to reclaim or simply claim Chicago back from Cubs’ fans.

We haven’t had a superstar since Thomas.  Sale was close, but there’s just something different about an everyday position player. Bryce Harper was the best call, looking back now.

8 minutes ago, bmags said:

Wow somebody doesn’t believe in the children 

At any rate, they now have a lot of payroll flexibility for 2023 that they didn’t previously have.

Steve Stone Sox spin would be that they couldn’t count on him to stay healthy…shoulder subluxations, etc., and Tatis refused adamantly offseason surgery to address that injury.  So it was still going to be a lingering concern.

Which means Preller will simply double down and go after Correa or Trea Turner, who started his career with the Padres.

Or be fired first for not doing due diligence and exposing Padres/Seidler to that long-term contract obligation.

10 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Obviously I am referring to the so-called White Sox championship window.

Did we already forget about that?

As far as Tatis jersey sales in Chicago, no earthly idea.

San Diego only has one baseball team, and they still have two superstars to market, but tons of disappointment and disillusionment to get over.

As for the White Sox, as Southsider2k5 asserted today, these 2020-26 years were that perhaps last final massive opportunity to reclaim or simply claim Chicago back from Cubs’ fans.

We haven’t had a superstar since Thomas.  Sale was close, but there’s just something different about an everyday position player. Bryce Harper was the best call, looking back now.

The entirety of baseball hasn't had a superstar since Jeter.