Sox won't fire TLR, but would reassign him after season

southsider2k5

54 minutes ago, Harry Chappas said:

He failed in front offices in three places and is now failing in the dugout.  For Christ sake it's done....the drunkard needs to just go the f home already. 

A week from today there will be no playoff concerns and his inability to manage will be as clear as it is currently is to most already.

The White Sox biggest mistake was not letting the drunk go 35 years ago it was letting Francona go.

Francona is 10x the manger the druknard ever was and he was the Sox AA manager....that was a franchise altering mistake. 

I gave you a LaRussa for this  post because the   passion is admirable.   You got spunk, kid.

• Haha 1

Terry Francona apparently not good enough when you have Terry Bevington in waiting for Lamont.

"After retiring as a player, Francona began coaching, spending several years in the Chicago White Sox organization. In 1991, he managed the rookie league Sarasota White Sox of the Gulf Coast League. In 1992, he ran the South Bend White Sox of the mid-level Class A Midwest League. As manager of the AA franchise Birmingham Barons in 1993–95, he posted a 223–203 record and won two distinctions: Southern League Manager of the Year in 1993, Baseball America's Minor League Manager of the Year in 1993, and top managerial candidate by Baseball America in 1994, the same year Michael Jordan played for Birmingham. Birmingham won the Southern League championship in 1993.

He managed in the Dominican Winter League with the Águilas Cibaeñas, and he also won the championship and the Serie del Caribe in 1995–96. That team included Miguel Tejada, Manny Ramirez, and Tony Batista.

Francona became third-base coach for the Detroit Tigers in 1996,[9] working under their new skipper, Buddy Bell, a former teammate of Francona on the Reds."

wikipedia.com

Of course, they had another chance to bring back Francona after he parted ways with the Red Sox.  Essenually, the White Sox got screwed twice over.

Edited by caulfield12

I realize no one on here wants to hear my sob story for the 100th time, but i just traded away eloy and luis robert in my main dynasty fantasy baseball league. Doing everything in my power to trade Giolito/Moncada/Tim Anderson/Grandal in the next 6 hours before the deadline.

I'm done with this time. No passion, no accountability, whole organization is a dumpster.

Just my 2 cents.

1 hour ago, southsider2k5 said:

Based on the moves we have made so far, that sure rings true.  Maybe this is a way of edging him out of the day to day at least.

Sadly might be our best hope.  Personnel “input” has to be less damaging than having him in the dugout. 

1 minute ago, iWiN4PreP said:

I realize no one on here wants to hear my sob story for the 100th time, but i just traded away eloy and luis robert in my main dynasty fantasy baseball league. Doing everything in my power to trade Giolito/Moncada/Tim Anderson/Grandal in the next 6 hours before the deadline.

I'm done with this time. No passion, no accountability, whole organization is a dumpster.

Just my 2 cents.

You have more patience than 98% of owners.  Pretty sure not the best time to dump Jimenez, though.

2 hours ago, greg775 said:

Sox are a microcosm of the business world. A CEO would never ever fire a buddy a second time. The first time was probably only OK'ed cause it was 40 years ago and the two hadn't developed that long relationship yet. TLR would have to start costing Jerry a lot of money before he'd actually boot him from the 'family.' Once you could tie loss of a lot of $$ to Tony, then and only then would it be bye bye.

I only agree with you if we are talking about a family controlled business.  With a public corporation, it is harder to keep an incompetent key employee.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, hankchifan said:

I only agree with you if we are talking about a family controlled business.  With a public corporation, it is harder to keep an incompetent key employee.

The big question is why is Melanie Hobson content so far to watch her investment of hundreds of millions into the Sox founder on the rocks?

3 hours ago, southsider2k5 said:

If the Chicago White Sox would be an efficient business you had needed to fire TLR long time ago.  He has cost us the season so far.

I will outline below my counts on an indictment of TLR performance:

- No sense of urgency.  No energy. No motivation.  No coaching. No accountability.

- No adjustments.  Doubling down on things that have not worked.

- Bad lineups.  Overusing of Leury Garcia. Too many Sunday lineups in a pennant race.

- Over resting our best players.  Not worrying enough about winning the game on hand, and saving our best resources for future games or the playoffs instead.

- Aversion to pinch hitting.  Not pinch hitting for our scrubs in game situations. Refusing to pinch hit with our best players on their “rest” days,  

-Leaving starting pitchers too long at times.. mismanaging the bullpen often.

- Not using our best relievers in close games when we are down only 2 runs or less, and using our worse relievers and letting the games get away..

- Reluctant to intentionally walk the best opposition hitters such as Jose Ramirez in game situations.  At the same time, calling for an intentional walk in the middle of a count and once with 2 strikes.

I am probably missing something.  My vote is guilty on all counts and sentence is removal or resignation.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Fire 1

15 hours ago, southsider2k5 said:

2 billion dollars, and you can do exactly that.

Start a soxtalk gofundme so soxtalk can buy the sox. Maybe you can get elon to donate 700 mil:). 

Free agent singings, draft picks and trades will be decided via a poll. 

Edited by Dominikk85

On 8/15/2022 at 5:58 PM, Big Hurtin said:

Worst case scenario - make the playoffs and get swept

Worst case scenario -- miss the playoffs ... anything can happen in October, with or without the village idiot in the dugout

5 minutes ago, shago said:

anything can happen in October, with or without the village idiot in the dugout

Especially "with."

You'll see some unprecedented shit that's the baseball equivalent of trying to feed a hot dog to a mailbox, and the Sox front office will be pointing to that as some sort of innovation.

• Like 1