08/16: Astros at Sox. 7:10, NBCSN (CEASE V VERLANDER)

Buehrle>Wood

• Quin pinned this topic
1 hour ago, Buehrle>Wood said:

Verlander vs Cease. Pitching match-up of the year. Sox are about the only team to get to Verlander all year. Do it again and win Cease a Cy Young.

Yep, in fact only one other team Seattle hit him harder all season. A big turnaround in the Cy Young race if the Sox can hammer him again and Cease pitches one of his best games. Not to mention we go 5 games over 500, which would be the only time this season they were 5 games over!

2 hours ago, Buehrle>Wood said:

Verlander vs Cease. Pitching match-up of the year. Sox are about the only team to get to Verlander all year. Do it again and win Cease a Cy Young.

You got a like for me not only for your post, but because you didn't think starting the thread late early was a jinx when the last few late posted threads got the Sox wins like the superstition/jinx with the banner.

• Like 1

As the old saying goes, “MUST SEE TV”. This is it, a win tonight will show me that we actually have a chance in spite of what I’ve said.   I’ve been very negative all season, but this is the game of the year for the White Sox and especially there fans. I can’t wait. For the record I still think management has to go and ownership still sucks. 

Edited by AJ'S Cousin
  • Haha 1

Big one 

1 hour ago, DoUEvenShift said:

1 hour ago, 35thstreetswarm said:

Shhhhh

And they still in third place in the worst division in baseball. Don't twist your ankle taking a victory lap. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Fire 2

By far the biggest game of the season tonight. I assume there will be some bigger ones as they get into September, but taking down Verlander and ensuring at worst a series split over the Astros with your ace on the mound sounds like a really good idea. 

Let’s not call it the worst division in Baseball. Ha Ha. Let’s call the most balanced division in baseball. Think about, if you take NY and Houston Out of the picture, and I know we can’t, the entire league is average. Keep in mind as bad as supposedly our division is, we are still only 2 games out of the division and 2 games out of the wild card. TB, Toronto, Seattle, and Baltimore, Minnesota, Cleveland, all within 3 or games of each other. So in my opinion you can say the entire league with the exception of the Yankees and the Astros  is mediocre 

• Hawk 1

Well tonight‘s game will be incredibly fun, it is not the biggest game. That was last night. Last night ensured that we only have to win one out of the next three to get a split which is acceptable. And two out of three won’t be out of the question. But a loss tonight isn’t that big of a deal. 

13 minutes ago, Tony said:

Big one 

And they still in third place in the worst division in baseball. Don't twist your ankle taking a victory lap. 

Boy, you are the strawman slayer today.  Who's taking a "victory lap?"  Everyone can read the standings.  It is a positive sign that the team has been playing well for a few weeks.  Maybe that will continue and they'll win the division (I hope), or maybe they'll fall back into playing .500 ball and they will miss the playoffs (I hope not).  A better question:  why do you feel like it's your duty to rise up and smack down fans sharing objective, positive facts about the White Sox...on a White Sox fan board of all places?

Edited by 35thstreetswarm

I’m also not taking back all of my negative things I’ve posted. We still need better management. As the saying goes in Football, defense wine championships and in Baseball, pitching can win championships also. The only reason we are not the Cubs is our pitching staff keeps us in most games. 

in spite of all the injuries in pitching and our offense we’re still in it, how, I don’t know. 

do we realistically have a chance? Slim, because of our bad luck with injuries. If we can stay healthy somewhat we have a chance.