08/17: Astros at Sox. 7:10, NBCSN

Buehrle>Wood

• Replies 896
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, reiks12 said:

should have won this game, that bases loaded 0 outs chance should have been 2 more

Big Energy swinging at the first pitch with bases loaded after a walk to Grandal was costly.  No clutch hitting tonight.  No running game and several double plays also hurt.  The bottom part of the lineup tonight is not competitive for a contender. Wasted another great pitching performance.  Let’s get them tomorrow.

Just now, ScooterMcGuire said:

Welp, they had opportunities. Forget about tonight and win the series tomorrow.

Also Detroit Sucks.

The problem is we can't drive the ball. This team could win the division but this isn't a WS caliber team. It's sad because it seems like the team just broke overnight. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, hankchifan said:

Big Energy swinging at the first pitch with bases loaded after a walk to Grandal was costly.  No clutch hitting tonight.  No running game and several double plays also hurt.  The bottom part of the lineup tonight is not competitive for a contender. Wasted another great pitching performance.  Let’s get them tomorrow.

He shouldn’t have swung, but Harrison probably hits into a DP no matter what the count would be.  The Astros made 3 stellar plays that likely saved runs.

1 minute ago, fathom said:

So Robert still might not play the next few days.  They also can’t retroactively IL him now.  Can’t wait to hear how the training staff blew this one.

Who would have ever had thunk it?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ScooterMcGuire said:

Welp, they had opportunities. Forget about tonight and win the series tomorrow.

Also Detroit Sucks.

The Royals suck too. Can u believe the Sox lost 3 of 4 to KC most recently and you just know they'll lose that funky make up game to make it four of five which is simply ridiculous.

1 hour ago, wegner said:

I'm not sure I've ever felt more meh about a Sox player than AJ Pollock.  That guy is just disappointing.

Grandal just stinks.

That was the Sox chance right there. Both veterans failed big time. Grandal was just a horrible acquisition and Pollock ... whatever on him. Personally I don't like him but last time I ripped him on here I got buried. Some fans like him.

I have no idea how this compares to the rest of MLB teams but the Sox have now scored three runs or less in 59 of the 118 games they've played this season. That's 50% of all games.

To me, that's simply not very good.

At this point in time "it is what it is" as Kenny Williams once famously said. 

I can't see it suddenly changing much over the last six weeks especially given that injuries are continuing to gut the team.