Per Passan, Elvis Andrus signing with White Sox, joining team in Cleveland

KrankinSox

5 hours ago, hogan873 said:

I'm perfectly fine with adding Andrus, especially for his defense.  His bat will be fine when compared to what the Sox were getting out of Leury, Sosa, and now Gonzalez in place of TA.

Andrus would need to be the every day SS, which means Harrison and Sosa split time at 2B?  Harrison gives you the edge with his defense, but neither are hitting much right now.

Harrison D has not been that great lately.

9 minutes ago, The Mighty Mite said:

Sosa should be sent back down.

That's....not how the 40 man works. 

13 minutes ago, oldsox said:

who gets dropped from the 40 man?

3 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Going to guess Yoan Aybar.

Aybar or Severino would both be easy cuts.  Cannot believe they've last this long.  Crick could maybe be added to that list as well.  He's out of options and won't be able to be shuttled between AAA and MLB next season so he's good as gone this offseason.  

Just now, ChiSox59 said:

Aybar or Severino would both be easy cuts.  Cannot believe they've last this long.  Crick could maybe be added to that list as well.  He's out of options and won't be able to be shuttled between AAA and MLB next season so he's good as gone this offseason.  

I figured that out and deleted my post.

5 minutes ago, chw42 said:

That's an option. But then they'd have to take someone off the 40 man eventually when he comes back in a few weeks (hopefully). 

2 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

Bummer or Crick to the 60 day. 40 man roster solved.

I vote Crick.

11 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

Churning over the talent at the bottom part of the 40-man roster has definitely not been a strength of Hahn.

• Like 1
  • Fire 1