8/18 Finale vs. Astros (Giolito v. Garcia RHP) 1:10 PM

bmags

1 minute ago, fathom said:

Lucky it wasn’t a sweep, so I will take a split. 

Good point considering how awful the offense has been for the majority of this series.  Man, this damn offense has got to pick it up or we are wasting some nice pitching (bad time to bring that up I guess with Lucas being shitty again).  Why not just bring up Colas at this point?  I see some rookie came up for the Mets and homered in his first at bat.  Try something to catch some lightning in a bottle.  This offense needs a spark badly.

4 minutes ago, fathom said:

Now I think about it, might have been intentional. Sox are playing like cowards worrying about the sign stealing. 

Of course it was intentional.  Cease balked on purpose to move a guy to third earlier in the series for the same reason.

Just now, YouCanPutItOnTheBoardYES! said:

Trade him at his lowest value, that makes a lot of sense.

His stats have been on a consistent decline from 2019...but especially this year.

So has his fastball velocity, WHIP, inability to be effective with curve balls or sliders, etc.

What is your solution?

4 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

All that for a split and no ground gained.  Can't wait to get scolded again for not being excited about this mediocrity.

Splitting with a far superior team is fine. What wasn’t fine was their effort last week against an awful Royals team.  

1 minute ago, wegner said:

I guess thank goodness that Lucas basically told them to piss off in regards to an extension previously.

Yep.  He can piss off.  Another sticky stuff guy, without it he has nothing.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SoxBlanco said:

Of course it was intentional.  Cease balked on purpose to move a guy to third earlier in the series for the same reason.

Glad we are scared enough to make  a double into a triple. I get doing that if you are good enough to pitch over it, Giolito has not been that 

3 minutes ago, wegner said:

Good point considering how awful the offense has been for the majority of this series.  Man, this damn offense has got to pick it up or we are wasting some nice pitching (bad time to bring that up I guess with Lucas being shitty again).  Why not just bring up Colas at this point?  I see some rookie came up for the Mets and homered in his first at bat.  Try something to catch some lightning in a bottle.  This offense needs a spark badly.

Baty is clearly a more advanced prospect, though.  Colas basically had 2-3 seasons off.