8/18 Finale vs. Astros (Giolito v. Garcia RHP) 1:10 PM

bmags

2 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

This is the thing: Now that Musgrove has re-signed, isn't the SP market kind of thin outside of DeGrom(Who will probably be back with the Mets anyway, and has been injured way too much for what he will cost) 

Bassitt, Rodon, Verlander, Nola, Quintana, Perez are 6 guys in the top 30 of pitching WAR this season who are FAs or have player options next year.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Balta1701 said:

Bassitt, Rodon, Verlander, Nola, Quintana, Perez are 6 guys in the top 30 of pitching WAR this season who are FAs or have player options next year.

Rodon and Verlander aren't happening, and Nola will get his option picked up. 

I wouldn't trust Quintana or Perez to do it again because they've been pretty bad in recent years. 

Who knows about Bassitt. Idk what kind of year he's having. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

Just now, Jack Parkman said:

Rodon and Verlander aren't happening, and Nola will get his option picked up. 

For the White Sox I don't believe any of them are happening because of how bad their budget situation is. You're right though Nola was a team option. 

• Like 1

Just now, Balta1701 said:

For the White Sox I don't believe any of them are happening because of how bad their budget situation is. You're right though Nola was a team option. 

Yep they desperately need to retool the lineup, which includes cutting payroll in certain spots.  I wish someone other than Hahn was allowed to do it.

For as bad as they are this year, they're likely to be worse next year. I have no idea how they can bring Abreu back. 

If the rumors of a $160M budget next year are true, they're in some deep shit. 

If they trade Moncada, they'd probably have to take an equally bad contract back. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

Back to reality. This team did what EVERY team in MLB does in a 162 game season; won 5 in a row.  It was a total mirage and today brings us back to reality. We go to Cleveland 3 back and will leave there 4-6 games back and done.  No "fear" of a stretch run to save the season and TLR's job. Clean this entire front office and coaching staff out please. 

• Like 1

Just now, PitchatRisktoZisk said:

Back to reality. This team did what EVERY team in MLB does in a 162 game season; won 5 in a row.  It was a total mirage and today brings us back to reality. We go to Cleveland 3 back and will leave there 4-6 games back and done.  No "fear" of a stretch run to save the season and TLR's job. Clean this entire front office and coaching staff out please. 

FO is going nowhere unfortunately. Kenny and Rick have a job until Jerry dies. 

1 minute ago, RibbieRubarb said:

I have to turn on a VPN to watch Sox v Houston in Dallas because its blacked out.

Not anymore today.

I turned off my VPN.
Cancelled by Internet.

...and burned down my house.

I'll be honest, after the first four innings today...this does not seem excessive. 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

We will probably settle for Giolito as #5 starter.  Needs to adjust to more off speed pitches. That flat 92. Mph fastball in the strike zone is not going to cut it like we saw today.

1 minute ago, Jack Parkman said:

For as bad as they are this year, they're likely to be worse next year. I have no idea how they can bring Abreu back. 

If the rumors of a $160M budget next year are true, they're in some deep shit. 

If they trade Moncada, they'd probably have to take an equally bad contract back. 

There are like 4-5 people who know what the budget will be for next year, if that. 

• Like 1