8/18 Finale vs. Astros (Giolito v. Garcia RHP) 1:10 PM

bmags

1 minute ago, Jack Parkman said:

For as bad as they are this year, they're likely to be worse next year. I have no idea how they can bring Abreu back. 

If the rumors of a $160M budget next year are true, they're in some deep shit. 

If they trade Moncada, they'd probably have to take an equally bad contract back. 

They're closer to $170 than $160 in my guesstimates already based on keeping most of the arb guys already (I don't see them dropping Ruiz and Foster in arb year 1 since they don't have replacements). Abreu coming back at a similar salary puts them basically at their current payroll, with room for a Cueto level deal again.

Just now, hankchifan said:

We will probably settle for Giolito as #5 starter.  Needs to adjust to more off speed pitches. That flat 92. Mph fastball in the strike zone is not going to cut it like we saw today.

Going to be a fairly expensive 5th starter next year

1 minute ago, fathom said:

You don’t know that 

In Jack's defense here (no, seriously) history would tell us there is no reason to think either are in any danger of losing their jobs

1 minute ago, hankchifan said:

We will probably settle for Giolito as #5 starter.  Needs to adjust to more off speed pitches. That flat 92. Mph fastball in the strike zone is not going to cut it like we saw today.

I agree that Giolito is likely in the rotation next year, because the White Sox have so many different guys they are hoping for "Bounce-back" seasons from that it hard to pick one or two to move. 

Just now, Tony said:

In Jack's defense here (no, seriously) history would tell us there is no reason to think either are in any danger of losing their jobs

Sure but they’ve never had such a disappointing season.  Don’t you think Jerry will want to blame Hahn if Tony is forced to resign.

22 minutes ago, fathom said:

Holy fuck this team sucks today.  Way to get them ready Tony

Was the hitting and defense anywhere to be seen this series?  Dusty aided them as much as anyone.  it was a nice two days as I got nothing out of the tigers series.

Talk about getting your ass handed to them.

I was in a  meeting from 1:30 to 2:30 and just checked in holy shit 10-0 in the 4th.

Welp I hate this team again.

Giolito has zero trade value at this time and I sadly am coming around more and more to the non-tender camp if the price is not right.  No way you even discuss a long term deal.

He does talk a good game though I will give him that.

Why do you take him out after 68 pitches? 

Edited by Harry Chappas

Just now, EloyJenkins said:

they are who we thought they were....and we let ourselves start to get excited after 2 miracle comebacks. FML. 

The comebacks were nice and probably a product of some of those meetings they had. But this team has issues team meetings can't solve. It's a fundamentally flawed team in today's offensive environment.

• Like 1