8/18 Finale vs. Astros (Giolito v. Garcia RHP) 1:10 PM

bmags

I thought this was bad enough but I just turned on the game and saw Seby line out and then I heard Stone say..."this is another hanging breaking ball.  Garcia does not have good stuff."  Well that's just outstanding.  I then turned the game off again.

Just now, pmb0928 said:

Single to right,  1 out, moncada jogs to 3rd. No chance to send him.  We then don't score.  

It's not like it really matters. But it's just funny that this team choked again with the bases loaded. 

17 minutes ago, Tnetennba said:

10-0.  One team can hit, the other can't...

And unless we have excellent pitching permitting less than 4 runs a game, we have no chance against teams like the Astros.  We can’t come back from being down more than 3 or 4 runs with our lack of power, and our ground ball city station to station offense.

50 minutes ago, fathom said:

Splitting with a far superior team is fine. What wasn’t fine was their effort last week against an awful Royals team.  

A Royals team that went scoreless the last 26 or so innings against the Twins.  How pathetic!  Even though they won the first two games of this series with the Astros, they are by no means fixed!

4 minutes ago, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

Well, they got a split, which is what we all wanted headed into the series. Critical they win the series this weekend in Cleveland. 4-3 would be a great week still.

We have different definitions of great.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Harry Chappas said:

Was the hitting and defense anywhere to be seen this series?  Dusty aided them as much as anyone.  it was a nice two days as I got nothing out of the tigers series.

Talk about getting your ass handed to them.

I was in a  meeting from 1:30 to 2:30 and just checked in holy shit 10-0 in the 4th.

Welp I hate this team again.

Giolito has zero trade value at this time and I sadly am coming around more and more to the non-tender camp if the price is not right.  No way you even discuss a long term deal.

He does talk a good game though I will give him that.

Why do you take him out after 68 pitches? 

This, the bullpen couldn't afford for our starter to get 9 outs today.  Should have just left him in, he could have let them balloon out to 10-0 lead as well as anyone else.

40 minutes ago, Snopek said:

We've been saying this sort of thing for stretches of games for at least a month now.

I think the likeliest outcome is they once again tread water for those 7 games and don't gain much ground, but don't fall enough back. And then we repeat the "these next X games are the season" thing again.

That's as about as logical as can be. You are probably spot on!!!